Book Four Chapter Twenty-Six

Getting in, we get the girls into their beds, it is late, and as much as I was looking forward to tonight, the video and everything else, I need sleep. 

Pregnancy makes me tired, the whole glow everyone speaks of in pregnancy, I have never seen in mine. Lying in bed we stay quiet, Jackson not speaking either, tomorrow is our day together, Marcus leaves the day after for the mission, everything will change while he is away.

"Are you okay?" Turning I face him, Jackson and Marcus normally always do missions together.

"Course I am kitten, things are changing that is all. It will be strange saying goodbye to Marcus when he leaves as I normally go but I don't want to risk losing you" I feel awful, it would have been him going if I had not have stopped him.

"He will be fine, just like you. You always say the team looks out for each other" He nods.

"I know, but Marcus is more like a brother then Liam, I have known him since I was about thirteen, he has been there with me through everything" I wish I could make him feel better but, how can I?

"Why don't you and Marcus spend tomorrow together? I will spend it with the girls, but the day you spend with Marcus, then night you spend with me?" It is the best I can offer, maybe having tomorrow with Marcus before he leaves will help him.

"We will see, let's just get some sleep" Rolling over I close my eyes, what will life be like with Marcus gone? Either way we will soon find out. 

Waking up Jackson is still in bed, it is nearly ten, the girls still asleep no doubt because we were all up late, walking downstairs to cook Marcus is sat there, I find it strange how he just sits in silence, no tv, no music nothing just sitting staring at blank walls or in this house glass.

"Why do you do that?" He turns to look at me.

"What?" Laughing I point at him.

"That, just sit there, doing nothing, no music no noise just sat?" He shrugs his shoulders.

"I don't know, I find it relaxing, you like your subspace I like this, just sat in silence, pretending my life doesn't exist" Wow, I feel for him, I get what he means I used to sit and try act like my life didn't exist with Max.

"Today, take Jackson out, I will keep the alarm on, spend the day with him. He won't say it but he is going to miss you when you leave tomorrow" He looks at me shaking his head, clearly he doesn't believe me.

"Not going to happen, I don't think Jackson will leave you alone, not until he knows Roxy has stopped" Okay, so that was what the weird look was for.

"Well, he has to at some point, so he can today, honestly who would do something during the day? I will keep everything locked, blinds down, and alarm on, just talk some sense into him" 

He nods, yet I don't feel like that is him agreeing with me, more him just trying to get me to shut up. Finishing cooking, I hand him a plate, carrying one up to Jackson I give him it in bed, no time to say good morning or talk. 

I wake the girls up and take them downstairs, eating Marcus says nothing else, just sits quiet like he was when I came downstairs. 

Finishing eating, I go into the living with the girls Jackson coming down, Marcus sat talking to him. After a while Jackson walks back through, sitting down next to me he stays quiet.

"Okay, so are you going to go out with Marcus today? Before you mention Roxy and threats, what are you going to do while Marcus is on the mission? Georgina and Liam at work, you have work as well. Just go out enjoy the night I will be safe"