Book Four Chapter Ten

W

aking up, I look around still in the playroom, smiling I move, going to kiss Jackson then freezing realising it wasn't him, Marcus asleep his eyes closed, my mind reminding me of last night, Jackson, work, police I need to call him or at least text and make sure he is okay.

 Moving I get out of bed, walking to our room I check on the girls on the way past still asleep, walking into the shower, I quickly get washed, my eyes looking at my body in the mirror, the marks from the whips and rope, I can't help but smile, thankful of last night and that Jackson seems to have changed how he feels. 

Getting out the shower and dried, I grab my phone opening the messages there are several texts waiting for me from Jackson opening them I scroll to the first one he sent.

"Sorry babes, I hated leaving you, but I know Marcus will look after you, if you wake don't worry I left for work, I will be back before you wake"

My mind wondering what could possibly be going on for him to leave so suddenly, but he certainly isn't back before I wake, sliding to the next message I read it.

"At work, sorry kitten I don't think I will be home tonight after all, something bad has happened, don't panic I am okay I will explain when I get home"

My heart stopping reading his message, something bad, all the guests being sent home? What has happened, I can't help but panic that he isn't okay, quickly sliding to the next message I hope I see something less worrying. "Still waiting for police, definitely won't be home before you wake, don't worry though xx"

Trying to calm down, he seems to be fine and have everything sorted, he doesn't seem to worried, scrolling I load the next message.

"Police have been, everything is a mess, will get it sorted then be home xx"

Maybe someone has kicked off? 

Caused trouble obviously he needs to be there to sort it, scrolling again I load the next message.

"Babes do not turn that alarm off and do not leave the house, I tried calling Marcus, but he isn't answering I am hoping you're both still asleep, I love you text when you are awake xx"

Panic rising inside of me, why do I need to keep the alarm on during the day? What the hell has happened at work? 

Loading the next message, I can't help but cry before even reading it.

"I will be home in next couple of hours, if you get this make sure the safe room is set up just in case, I love you xx"

Looking at the door, I walk straight out the room, going back to the playroom, opening the door a little too loud, Marcus jumping up looking at me.

"What has happened?" 

He gets up and grabs his phone, this is something to do with Roxy it has to be. He looks through his texts, no doubt similar to mine.

"I will ring him, you grab the girls I will meet you down stairs and let you know what he says" Nodding I go to leave.

"No, stay here let me check downstairs is okay, wait for me to call you" 

Marcus walks off down the stairs, walking to the girl's room, I stand looking at them, both still asleep in their cots. 

All I wanted was Christmas just Christmas without the hassle, I myself now wonder if tonight is such a good idea?