𝐒𝐋𝐈𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐃.

T I M E S K I P
G R O U P C H A T

Cheryl:Whats going on with Betty?

Kevin:^

Archie:What do you mean?

Kevin:She's full of bruises and was hungover today. She never drinks on a school night?

Fangs:Ask Jug

Jughead:Don't Ask me

SweetPea:Why not?

Jughead:She broke up with me the night of Nicks party

Toni:WHAT

Cheryl:Why didn't she tell us?

Veronica:I'm going over tonight, I'll tell you everything I find out

Archie:Thankyou❤️

Cheryl:Thanks

Kevin:^

Veronica:No prob just wanna help my bestie anyways

Everyone has left the chat

B E T T Y ' S H O U S E
T H I R D P E R S O N
Betty arrived at home and didn't even bother changing like she usually did. She just threw her bag on her bedroom floor, the vodka bottle and the beer bottles falling out and she lay on her bed tiredly. She lay like that until she was interuppted by a knock at her front door. Veronica. She walked slowly downstairs, hoping that the confused girl would just leave, but she didn't. Betty finally reached her door.

Veronica:"Betty, open up I can see you"

Betty:"Veronica you don't have to do this I'm fine"

Veronica:"Just let me in please"

Betty sighed and realising that she wouldn't leave, she opened the front door. Veronica walked straight through and shut the door behind her.

Betty:"Whats up?"

Veronica:"Wanna get drunk?"

Betty:"Why?"

Veronica:"Bored and seems like a good thing to do"

Betty and Veronica smiled before walking into Betty's kitchen.

Veronica:"Wheres the alcohol?"

Betty winked before pulling a bobby pin out of her hair and unlocking a cabinet.

Veronica:"What are you doing?"

Betty:"Mama coops so called 'secret stash'."

She pulled out a hand full of beers, Veronica doing the same as they locked it again and went to Betty's room. Betty locked her door and sat down on her bed, Veronica doing the same.

Veronica:"To school"

They both opened a beer and cheersed them, clinking them together.

Betty:"And the stress that comes from it"

They drank them and opened another.

Betty:"To bestfriends"

They clinked them together again.

Veronica:"And knowing when something is wrong and not giving up until they help them to feel better"

Betty smiled, knowing that it was aimed at her.

T I M E S K I P
Betty was down to her last beer, whereas Veronica had only drank 3. She didn't want to actually get drunk, just find out from a drunk Betty what was wrong. She knew that Betty wouldn't tell her but drunk Betty would. And this was the only way she could help.

Veronica:"Who are we toasting to now?"

Betty:"Nick St Clair"

Veronica:"Why's that?"

Betty:"For being such a great rapist"

Her words were slurred and she laughed sarcastically before drinking the beer whole and falling into a deep sleep once again.

Veronica's mouth stayed open in shock. It all finally made sense, all of it. The bruises on her face. Acting like she was fine and not wanting to talk about it. Breaking up with Jughead. Drinking on school nights. Coming to school hungover. Becoming distant from her friends. All of it due to Nick raping her. She felt sick. How could she have let this happen to her best friend?

Veronica called a taxi, tucked Betty in to bed and left Betty's for many reasons. 1, she didn't want to disturb Bettys sleeping. 2, she didn't want to sleep there and wake up without any clothes for the next day of school. 3, she didn't want to make Hermione annoyed for breaking curfew.

641 words