Chapter 19

Chapter 19

“Is this stupid thing even working?” The man’s voice echoes through the metal room. Minx sits up, still holding Krism’s hand. Everyone’s attention was towards the speaker on the corner of the room.

“So it’s on? Bob I swear! If this doesn’t work, I will break your neck in front of your children!” The man yelled at someone. A terrified voice was heard in the background. Everyone looked at each other, getting impatient.

“Oh…. They can hear me then?” The man questioned.

“Yes…” A voice in the background was heard but it was very low.

‘Okay. Ahem. I see that you are all on alert.” The man began…

“Who the hell are you? When I find out who you are, I will murder you myself!” Minx stood up quickly and yelled towards the speaker.

“I don’t think you will…I may be unfamiliar to your friends but you should recognize my voice, Minxy. Although, I have been watching you for years now and I have been there throughout your life, not as supportive as I should be but still there.”

“Fucking creep…” Minx muttered.

“I heard that…Now, I have a plan and a reason as to why you guys are in there. Most of it is Minx’s presence in there. I could just release everyone besides Minx but…I wouldn’t want you guys running back to Victubia and telling everyone where their queen is at…If they even listen to you which I doubt.” The man explained.

Silence…

“So…I needed help from one of your friends that I have known his entire life and even helped him out in the past so he owed me a favor and this was the favor. It took me years to plan this out and it’s going great so far. I actually didn’t intend to hurt Krism but I do like her way more than your other friends. I don’t even think she’s alive anymore. Boohoo…” The man explained. Minx immediately checked Krism’s pulse. For a few seconds, Minx couldn’t feel anything and she was starting to panic until a faint beat was felt. Minx let out a relieved sigh.

“Why are we here?” Marzia asked with her sharp Italian accent. 

“You guys are trapped inside this…vault. Shadow is…breathing. As for Krism, I might be able to give her some painkillers but that involves getting inside the room. I don’t know…your choice, queen.” The man waited for Minx to reply.

Minx looked at Krism, whose expression was full of pain. Krism was conscious but the intense pain has caused her to close her eyes. A single tear of pain rolled down her cheek. Minx sat down next to Krism and kissed her cheek, squeezing her right hand as support.

“Please…” Minx muttered, desperately.

“Wow. I already made the queen beg. Ironic. But, as you wish.” The man spoke, laughing in the end. What an ego… Minx thought.

The vault door slowly opens and Cry appears first. He casts a spell in his hand. Once, he stepped inside, he threw an orb at the wall behind Marzia, Ken, and Pewds. A green shield surrounded them, not allowing them to escape, and muffling their voices. Minx was too busy caring about Krism’s health to pay attention to them as they screamed for her to run. Cry stood at the doorway, not making eye contact to anyone.