Chapter 12

Chapter 12

As the group entered the abandoned library, their expression changes from worried to amazed. The library was dark and filled with spider webs but the furniture was almost brand new. The books neatly on the shelves. It was as if the building was left untouched. 

“Okay. We need everyone to split up and go to different places in the library. Find whatever information you can find about VOX Magic. Yell out if you find anything. We meet back here in about 30 minutes. Go!” Queen Minx ordered. Everyone nodded and ran to different directions, splitting up.

Everyone was suppose to meet back in front of the desk, with any books that had information.

Queen Minx P.O.V

            I quickly walked to the shelf next to me. I read every title that was visible. Stories About Victubia Merchandise. What NOT To Do in Victubia. Victubia’s Economy. Almost all the books on the shelf were about Victubia. I came across a book that grabbed my attention.

Victubia’s Royalty.

I pull the book out from the dusty shelf. I look at the cover of the ancient book to see a picture of my grandparents. Was it a book about my family? My curiosity got the best of me as I open the book to read a few pages.

The first few pages were about how my family members lived their lives which I already knew. Then around the 6th page of the book, on the left side of the page, had a picture of my parents.

I brush my fingers along the face of my mother. She was always there for me, even if she passed away. I read the right side of the page.

“ Victubia King and Queen.

Queen Michelle Anna was a very elegant and respectful person. She was born in Victubia, with her mother as the queen. She never liked being addressed as a god or a perfect person because she always said that she was the same as everyone else. 

King Michael Angelo the Third was born in the kingdom next to Victubia. The name is unknown. He is more of a stubborn yet loving person. He was son of the king and queen that ruled the kingdom. He met Queen Michelle while visiting Victubia. They instantly fell in love, yet it took some time for them to get married due to war at the time.”

I turn the page. On the right side was a picture of my family, looking happy. My mother was holding a baby in her arms while I was sitting on my father’s lap. I estimated my age around 4 years old. The year where my mother died…

“A year after they got married, they started their royal family. They had a beautiful daughter named Princess Michelle. Also known as Minx by her cat-like eyes. Queen Michelle was very protective over her daughter, always disciplining her in every way. But they were a happy family. When Princess Minx was 4 years old, Queen Michelle Anne gave birth to a baby boy. They never announced any information about the boy. They only announced him to be ‘Stillborn’ and died right after being born. The proof was never showed.”

I never knew that I had a little brother. They never mentioned him…I turn a couple pages and stop at a picture of my mother laying down on a bed. I remember when this happened…

“Queen Michelle Anne began getting sick constantly and was not able to leave her bed. She fell into a deep coma that she never woke up from. Queen Michelle Anne died August 10th at 12:35 P.M. Her daughter automatically became Queen at a very young age. King Michael was in full charge of everything while his only daughter grew up”