Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Queen Minx P.O.V

“We found him.” Pewds says to Minx. Finally. He’s going to be in so much trouble now.

“Bring him down to the basement and lock him up. We’ll interrogate him right now.” I said, letting them in. I look behind Pewds to see Ken and Mark holding a man that I’ve never seen before. I wasn’t able to have a good look at his face since he kept shaking his head.

The criminal started fighting and struggling to break free when they pulled them into my castle. Mark had to punch the guy hard in the stomach to stop him from moving. I walk down the hall, guiding my friend towards the basement.

When we got to the basement, they follow me to a bookshelf that seemed out-of-place. The door to it hasn’t been open for 13 and I hid it behind the bookshelf.

“Pewds, help me move this bookshelf.” I say, walking over to the right side of the bookshelf. He walks over to the other side and gets a good grip on one of the shelves. I grab the back of the bookshelf and a shelf. I nod my head, signaling him that I was ready. We pick up the bookshelf, trying our best not to drop all the books, and we move it to the right, revealing the metal rusty door.

“I never knew that this was here!” Krism says, amazed.

“There’s a reason why Queen Minx never showed this to anyone.” Mark said. He was right, I never show anyone this room. It held too many bad memories.

Mark hands me the key to the locked door. I remember the key. It was extremely rusty but it still worked. I unlock the door, turning the doorknob and pushing the door open. The room was very cold and smelled of blood. There was only two jail cells, both on the right side. The room wasn’t big at all, it was more of a walk in closet. Mark and Ken open one of the jail cells and lock the door. This man did not fight, instead he let them. There was only one chair in the entire room. The memories are overwhelming…

-------------------------Flashback-------------------------

I was washing the dishes. Today was my 8th birthday and I wanted to give myself a small party. I grab a beautiful plate from the dishwasher and start to clean it. My hand slipped and the plate fell onto the floor, shattering into little pieces. No! My father walked into the kitchen. No, not Father...anyone but Father.

“What happened?!” Father asks. I start to shake in fear

“I- I dropped the plate. I’m sorry, Father. I will clean it up, I promise!” I stutter. Father walks up to me and slaps me across the face. I can taste blood in my mouth. He grabs my arm, digging his fingernails into my skin making me bleed. He pulls me, almost dragging me to the basement. He throws me into The Dungeon, or the jail cell, and locks the door.

“You will stay there and think about what you did. I’ll be right back in an hour.”Father says, closing the door. I sit in the corner of the jail cell. Father never liked me. He doesn’t care about me.

Just then, someone opens the door and sits in front of my cell. I couldn’t see their face that well so I suspect it to be Father getting something. I squint my eyes, trying to see who it was. He was a kid, my age, and was holding a lantern. As he lifts up the lantern closer to his face, I could see a pink mustache on his neck. Mark! I watch as Mark sits down on a chair and lifts his lantern up. He was always a handsome boy but never my taste.

“Happy Birthday Minx. I brought you some biscuits…” Mark whispered. He’s not suppose to be down here. I wipe the tears off my face and slowly crawl to the front of the cell. He remembered? He’s probably the only one actually there for me.

“Th- Thanks.” I stuttered.  

-------------------------End of Flashback-------------------------

“Minx, honey, are you okay?” Krism asks, worried. I look away from the cell and stare at the floor.

“Yeah yeah. It’s just… Bad memories. That’s all.”  I said, putting on a fake smile. Cry walks up to us.

“Sup.” He says, casually.

“What are you doing here, Cry?” I asked, confused.

“It’s my bar that he burned down. I want to talk to him also.” He replies. Somehow, I don’t think he wants to have a sweet conversation with this guy any time soon.

“I don’t think you ‘talking’ to him will help us here.”  I said, crossing my arms on my chest. What was he planning on doing? Cry walks in front of the jail cell and looks up at the man.

“What’s your name?” Cry asks the man. I got a better look at him. He was wearing a black shirt with a lion on it. His dark brown hair spiked up. He looked about 21 year old, pretty young. I stood behind Cry, Ken and Mark being next to me, and Krism holding my hand. The man looked up at Cry.

“Tom” He said, quietly.

“Tom? Tom what?” Cry asked, calmly.

“Tom Syndicate” Tom said, loud as if getting angry.

Just then, Tom sat on the floor, laughing. He punches the bars on the jail cell, trying to scare us. Cry backs away and stands next to me. Tom starts mumbling random words.

“Ha ha ha! Funny. Tom. The name is Tom! Hehehe. Queen of Victubia is going down! Down the drain! He’s coming! Hahaha. He let me free and he’s coming to get you. First your friends. Then your lover. And then you! Murder, death. Everywhere. Asylum! Crazies!” Tom started freaking out, banging on the floor and laughing, staring at me. What does this mean?

“What the bloody hell are you talking about?!” I said, walking up to him, now coming face-to-face. He stops what he’s doing. He looks at me and slowly walks up to me. He stands in front of me, with a straight face. He grabs my shirt and pulls me closer to him.

“Watch out, Michelle. He’s back and he wants to play a game. Go to where I came from, he says. Have fun Minxy Moo…” He whispers. Ken pulls me back and punches Tom in the face. Tom just starts laughing, his body glowing a bright blue. He starts moving, every limb cracking as he moves. He quickly grabs Ken’s gun from it’s holster and backs up.

Come find me, Minx.” Tom says, in a voice that sounds familiar. I heard that voice before at least once in my life, I just don’t remember from who. His voice was much deeper, like it didn’t belong to him. He raises the revolver to his head. I had enough time to cover Krism’s eyes before he pulls the trigger and his limp body falls to the ground, blood all over the walls. Ken quickly opens the gate and picks up his gun.

“Dammit!” Cry says, punching the wall near us. Now what?

Hello! This chapter was extra long because of the flashback. I know that Tom was a new character but he killed himself. Don't worry though.  His death is important for the next chapter or so. I have it all planned out.

If you know who Tom Syndicate is, then a big high five for you! If you don't know who he is, go on YouTube and subscribe to him!

Now, back to the story. What does Tom mean when he says, "Come find me, Minx" It's similar to what the mass said to Minx in her weird dream. 

Find out what it all means!

Well, bye!

-Brenda