Chapter 10(Part 1)

Chapter 10 (Part 1)

Queen Minx P.O.V

         “I cleaned the dungeon up, M’lady. Anything else?” Mark says, walking out from the basement. Everyone turns around to look at him. I could tell that he came at the wrong time.

“Yes, Sir Mark, can you get the carriage ready? We’re going to the Victubia Asylum. I put Ziegs in charge of the castle for now.” I said, resting my arm on Ziegs’ shoulder. Mark nodded his head and quickly walked away. “He’s been there for me from the start of it all. I can always trust him.” I said as he walked away from me. I look over at Ziegs who was blushing a little. I smiled. A crush?

“Ziegs? Are you blushing?” I said, making everyone laugh. Ziegs covers her face with her top hat.

“You wish!” Ziegs blurted out, “Shouldn’t you be going already?” Shit.    

“Damn. Yeah. Alright, everyone who’s going, meet me at the front of Victubia with everything you need. Ziegs, I trust you with Victubia…and Mark. Krism, let’s go.” I said, grabbing Krism’s hand and pulling her out of the castle. Ziegs smacks me in the head with her top hat and quickly lets the group leave.

------AT THE FRONT GATES OF VICTUBIA------

I was leaning on the carriage, my arm around Krism’s waist. We are currently waiting for Cry to return from his ‘bathroom trip’ but he left 15 minutes ago.

“Oh my god, where the hell is Cry?!” I said smacking my head on the carriage, impatiently.

“Sup!” Cry says, running towards us. Finally!

“What took you so long?” I asked, obviously annoyed.

“I had an upset stomach. That’s all. Now come on!” Cry makes up an excuse before climbing into the carriage. I sigh loudly and get into the carriage. I hold my hand out to help Krism and she gladly accepts it. I sit at the other side of the carriage door, with Krism sitting next to the door. Cry sits in front of me; Pewds and Marzia sit next to each other across from Krism and Ken sits next to Cry, who is sitting next to Krism. That leaves me with an empty seat next to me.

“To the asylum! An hour drive to it.” Pewds says, getting comfortable on his seat. I wish I could sit next to my Krism but I worry that she’s still upset about the whole Shadow thing.

I look outside the little window, looking around. It’s Fall so most of the trees are different colors, the floor filled with leaves and the night sky shinning at the right angle that make the trees look like they’re glowing. Victubia is so beautiful… I look around to see everyone having their own set of conversations, except Krism and Cry. I slowly close my eyes…

A face pops up from the window, scaring me. I gasp at the surprise.

“Hi!” Shadow whispers, climbing into the carriage quietly, sitting next to me.

“Jesus Christ, Shadow! What the hell are you doing here?” I said, looking at her. Krism instantly looks towards us.

“I’m your bodyguard. I’m suppose to be near you at all times. It’s my job.” Shadow explains, leaning her head on the seat.

“You’re 16. Why have a job like this? What would your parents think if they see you doing this?” I said, leaning on the window, looking at Shadow. I look at Krism, who was staring at us for a while. She quickly looks away.

“My parents are dead, my brother is in jail. I only have my little brother and my grandmother. You think I want to do this? Ha! You grew up with royalty. I need the money to eat and survive. My grandmother can’t work because she’s taking care of my brother while I work and send her money each month. If I do this, I get enough money to last my grandmother a year of food.” Shadow explains, her elbow on her lap for support as she rests her head on her hand.

“Oh. I’m sorry about your loss. I lost my parents too. Well, my mother died of a disease when I was 4 and my father abused me. My father died of a disease too but that was 12 years ago. I’m glad my father died because he abused me and almost killed me. All I have left is my friends, Victubia, and my Krism. Money is never an issue but trust is the most problematic thing I have. I can’t trust certain people.” I explain, looking at the wall across from me. I see Krism staring at us again but I don’t know if she’s paying attention or not.

I feel Shadow’s breath on my neck as she leans over, her lips close to my right ear.

“Be careful, Queen Minx. I can only protect you physically. I cannot protect you mentally and emotionally throughout this trip. Everyone has a secret within themselves; even the ones you don’t think would even think about it, they would deceive you. Even Krism… Don’t trust everyone. I can’t even say to trust me. But, be careful. I wouldn’t want a beautiful queen like you to be dead because of one of your lovely friends, or worse… Your lover.” Shadow whispers to me, making me shudder. She pats me in the shoulder and climbs out of the carriage, disappearing again. She left me there, thinking about what she said… I look around to see if anyone noticed her.

Krism is staring at me but she’s not paying attention to anything, like if she was dragged out of the real world and into her thoughts. I notice that both her eyes were glowing red but it soon went back to normal in a blink of an eye.

She shakes her head and stands up, while the carriage was moving, and she tries to walk over to me but fails. The carriage drives over a hole on the road and Krism loses balance, falling on top of Sleeping Ken. Ken quickly woke up to be face-to-face with Krism. They both start to blush and Ken helps Krism get back onto her feet. What the hell… Krism quickly sits next to me, resting her head on my shoulder. Ken brushes his hair with his fingers as he calms down from that incident.

“Weird…” I accidentally thought out loud, speaking what I thought.

“Huh?” Krism asks, confused.

“Nothing.” I said, trying to cover it up. I look over at Cry, sitting across from me.

Cry was twiddling his thumbs furiously and taking deep breaths. He kept fixing his white mask and looks outside the window.

“Cry? Is something wrong? You’re nervous.” I ask Cry, worryingly. Cry instantly looks at me, his eyes staring into mine.

“No-No. I just don’t like going to the asylum. Creepy place.” Cry says.

“You’re scared? Don’t worry. The sooner we get clues, the faster we can leave.” I said, rubbing my eyes, trying to stay awake. Cry simply nods his head and returns to whatever he was doing.

Krism kisses my neck and hugs me tightly. Why so affectionate now?

“Mine.” Krism whispers as she hugs me tightly, burrowing her face against my collarbone. Is she still jealous over Shadow? Amazing how jealous she got quickly.

“Krism, are you jealous over Shadow? Is that it?” I ask, raising my eyebrow. Krism’s face gets serious.

“A person flirting with you just because you’re Queen of Victubia is not good. I need to protect what’s mine, right? She was just… Too close to you, that’s all” Krism explains, keeping a serious face.

“You know that I love you, and only you, right? I don’t flirt with anyone knowing that I already have someone better, much more amazing and that ‘someone’ is sitting right next to me.” I said, kissing Krism. She giggles a little, making me smile.

Then the carriage stops moving….

Hello! This will be Part 1 of Chapter 10. In the next part of the chapter, it will all be on Krism's perspective. What does Krism think about Shadow and Minx? What was with Ken ahd Krism? Find out in the next chapter. Comment your opinion on this chapter, please.

Well, bye!