26. AN INDECIPHERABLE PUZZLE

Hi everyone out there!!

Here's the next part!!
I dedicate this chapie to my friend NeetuDeepthi9 for voting first on the previous chapie.

Katherine's POV:

These 3 months are really tiring. Though I enjoy doing my work in the office, the extra things I'm learning to become a director are tiring me. I've tried to give some of my time to plan for the orphanage. After that day I hardly met Surya. He never came to his house. I only saw him in some meetings, I wonder if he ever came home after that day. To add up to my already disoriented life, the man who agreed to sell that land started behaving differently. I'm worried that my only purpose of my life of running an orphanage may not be real.

Surya managed to make me not attend the Directors meeting saying that I'm still not ready as a director. Mr.Chauhan used to fill the important details of the meeting to me later.

Now I'm all alone staying in Surya's house. I have nothing to do. Ramu baba stopped talking with me since 3 months. I don't know what wrong I have done. To increase my confidence, Mr. Chauhan asked me to believe in myself. I started working on it, may be I'm slowly progressing. But the thing is that I'm progressing.

I got ready for the office, I made my breakfast. I've been eating food without skipping, I've been making it for myself. I'm also paying money to Ramu baba saying it's my rent for the stay and food. He didn't object. So I've been paying rent since 3 months.

After this week my training will be over and now Surya can't stop me from attending the Directors meeting.

As I walked to my desk, I saw Mr.Chauhan waiting for me.

" Good morning Sir." I greeted.

" Good morning Mrs.Surya." He replied.
" I've got to attend my grandson's first birthday in US tomorrow. I'll not be coming for a month. I think that it will be better to say that you're trained now. You'll join me in the meeting an hour later. I have taught you all the basic skills. Now it's your turn to do the job. I believe that you'll not let me down." He said.

" Okay Sir." I said and Mr.Chauhan left.
So this is the day I'm going to be one of the directors of Hilwins and Co.

The meeting went successfully, all agreed that now I'm ready for being a director. Surya didn't seem to be happy though, it was like he was forced to agree because all others have agreed for me.

I went to the house happily, I wrote in my dairy. Just as I am about to sleep, I heard my phone ringing.

It's from the man who agreed to sell that sire for the orphanage. I answered the call. What he said next shattered me to the core.

" Mam we can't sell the site anymore. We are selling it to Mr.Rakesh Kumar because he agreed to pay double of what you're willing to. " he said.

" No, you can't do this. I've been promised that I'll be getting it even before he came." I asked.

" We can't do anything mam. Come and collect the money you have paid as your advance." He said.

" No, wait. Please give me sometime, I'll ask Mr.Kumar to leave the site." I said.

" try for it mam. But he seems to be stubborn much." He said and cut the call.

What the hell did I do to anyone? I wanted to build an orphanage and spread happiness and love among the unloved children. That's the only goal in my life now. I can't let the confidence I've been building go down the drain. I'll meet that man tomorrow and I'll request him.

With these thoughts I dozed off....

Next day...

The office work has been reduced now because my training is over. I'll go and meet that man after my office in the evening.

I've been doing my old work too since I feel that it's me who should do it.

Surya suddenly came into our department and looked towards me with pure hate. I've never seen that kind of hate in anyone else's eyes before, not even Johanna's.
Everyone else looked at me surprised after Surya left. I didn't bother to explain  and I continued doing my work.

Suddenly peon came and informed that there's an emergency board meeting for all the directors.

I went to the conference room beside Surya's room.

Surya sat there with his fists balled, implying that he's very angry. His knuckled turned white. A shiver ran down my spine, when I saw his rigid posture and hateful glare towards me.

After I sat the other end of table from Surya, the other directors came in. They all settled in their places.

Mr. Tej Patnaik, the next senior director after Mr.Chauhan spoke " As you all have known that Mr.Raj Malhothra has withdrawn his shares from the Hilwins and Co. we are presently in a crisis."

What? Raj sir withdrew his shares? And is Raj sir Raj Malhothra? as in the famous Malhothras? But why had he never mentioned his last name? Why is it happening so suddenly??

" As you all know that Mr.Raj is the stable one among Mr.Surya and Mr.Raj, I don't think I can trust Mr.Surya anymore. He definitely would have done something that Mr.Raj had left the company so abruptly. I'm not supporting Mr.Surya now. I'm stepping down from the director post." One of the directors spoke.

Surya looked shocked and I'm shocked too. The other directors began discussing among themselves.  It looked like all are going to step down.

Before any such drastic thing happened, I stood up and spoke " Excuse me Ladies and Gentlemen, I know I'm the youngest in experience here but please listen me out. Mr.Surya is a lot stable than before. I believe that he can handle this out. He will find the reason for this crisis and he'll manage to restore the situation to normal. When we have been living with the money of this company, we should stand for it when it's in an inflation. That's the least we could do. Just support Mr.Surya and see, I'm sure things will get better. I support Mr.Surya."

Again the directors discussed and the one who previously spoke stood up and spoke " Alright, I'll support him for a month. I really want to see this Hilwins and Co. Back to its previous regality. This company did so much for me, I'm ready to payback. But still I doubt if Mr.Surya can do it or not. Prove yourself Mr.Surya."

So it's decided that one month time will be given to decide what should be done to prove Surya as a stable CEO.

After all the directors left, Surya came towards me and said " It's all because of you." The voice in which he said conveyed hate.

" What are you telling Surya?" I asked.

" It's only because of you this crisis is happening." He said and left.

What did I do to make this crisis occur?
Surya always remains an indecipherable puzzle for me.

****************

That's it for now..

What happened to Raj Suddenly? Any possible reasons you could guess?

Please do vote comment and share ❤❤

I'll dedicate the next chapie to the one who votes first here😊