Chapter 1

Tony's P.O.V. (bear with me)

   Simple mission. All we had to do is infiltrate the Hydra base, bring the agents back to S.H.I.E.L.D., and check for hostages. That's it! But now Capsicle is making it into this whole big thing!

   "And-" Please someone kill me.

   "Alrighty Cap! I think we all get it." I cut him off, flying along next to the plane. Peter nodded hurriedly as he was dragged along by the ship. "We go in, and do our jobs. Easy." Silence. What a beautiful, and rare, sound. I smiled under my suit. My silence was cut short.

   "Nat, stop playing with knives!" I heard Steve yell. A chuckled came through.

   "Let her." Bucky encouraged. I could see Peter facepalm out of the corner of my eye. I listen to their bickering over the intercom. Sometimes I swear their children. Children who like assassination.

   "We're almost there." Steve interrupted. I wonder if Bucky is anxious? I mean, he used to be mind controlled by Hydra. I could see the building now. Yuck. They seriously need Thor to give them some decorating tips.

   "I'm going in!" I yelled as I swooped in and began to fire.

*A short fight scene later*

   That was harder than expected. What are they hiding? Bucky's insight was actually quite helpful.

   "Can you take us to where they would hold hostages, Bucky?" Natasha asked. Bucky nodded. He led us down a couple hallways and down some stairs. Well damn. This is one hell of a dark, creepy hallway. With...cages...? Yup. Well, more like cells. "Oh my God." Nat breathed as she reached the last cell. Bucky ran down to see and froze. Me and Cap followed quickly after.

  "Is this what they were protecting?" Steve asked. This made me glad that I told Peter to stay at the ship. A small figure sat huddled in the cell, their wrists chained to the wall. Their hair was matted and knotted, clinging to their face with dirt and sweat. Cuts and bruises were scattered over their visible skin.

   "Hello dear." Nat said softly. The individual whipped their head up. Their eyes flew wide open, flicking around with fear. They shrieked and tried to press themself further back against the wall.

   "Please no. Please!" They cried, their voice breaking. "Please don't hurt me!" Feathers began to sprout out of their back until they formed two large wings. Terror filled their eyes and tears began to drip down their cheeks. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" Dear God, what has this poor person been through?