●°•♤ 34 ♤•°●

(Unedited)

After a while of talking and walking, Jennie and I came to an empty park. With our drinks in our hands, we walked over to one of the benches that had tree branches hanging above it and sat down.

We sat on the bench in utter silence, listening to the wind blowing the leaves and of the trees in the park.

The sun had already set and the moon took its place in the sky, the stars twinkling in the night sky along with the moon.

But even though I had that beautiful scenery in front of me, I couldn't enjoy it.

My mind couldn't stop thinking about this whole situation. My heart kept pounding uneasily in my chest as I thought about it.

No matter how many times I tried to think even a tad bit more positive about things, I was set on things being bad.

I was convinced that nothing good was happening, and I'm walking around with a blind eye to everything.

It's not fair.

It's not fair that I'm the only one that has no idea about what's going on. My father, even my mother, they're both keeping secrets.

Big secrets.

Secrets about things that are important, about things that I deserve to know about.

If I knew about all this earlier, I could've prevented myself from being kidnapped by my cousin and his little gang of tortures.

If I knew about all this, I would've been more careful. I wouldn't have been so careless.

But because I didn't know anything, I put myself in danger, as well as putting my friend's lives in danger.

Because I didn't know anything, I walked around like everything was all sunshine and rainbows.

I walked around blind to the truth.

"Jennie, " I said, grabbing her attention. She peeled her eyes away from the stars night sky and focusing them on me. I took a deep breath, thinking before I spoke again. "Promise me that you'll tell me everything. I don't want you to keep anything from me. Tell me everything, and in detail. No lies, even if the truth is scary or hurtful, I don't want any lies. Can you promise me that?"

"I promise." Jennie smiled sadly. "What do you want to know first?"

I sat up straighter on the bench and positioned my body to face her more before answering. "Why were you band from speaking to me and what is the punishment for speaking to me?"

Jennie sat silently, staring at the ground as she thought of a way to answer me. I could see by the expression that she was reluctant to tell me everything, but of all people, I know she understands why I need to know these things.

After awhile Jennie looked up at me and swallowed thickly before speaking. "After you got kidnapped by EXO, news spread pretty quickly to other gangs. Now other gangs know your identity. They know what you look like, where you go to school, they know your age, where you live, everything."

My eyes widened and a lump was growing in my throat. I didn't utter a word and waited for Jennie to continue.

"However, they don't know who your friends are. That's partly why we were prohibited to talk to you. If other gangs know that members of your father's gang are his daughter's friends, and they learn our identity, it could be dangerous for us. We've done a lot of things that make all of us a target you know."

"Can't my dad protect you guys though?" I asked hopefully.

"Siria, we're the ones who protect him, as well as your mother, your brother and you. That's part of our job; to keep the Jong family safe." Jennie explained.