41

I wept and I wept for what felt like an hour, was just a minute or two

I wept and I wept for what felt like an hour, was just a minute or two. I just was getting out painful tears until I calmed down, wiping them as well as the string of snot that hanging from my nostrils.

I then hear slow footsteps get closer to my stall, reminding me that there was someone here when I first came in. Oops.

I back away from the door, I don't know why I got weirded out but guys don't really socialize in the bathrooms. Unless you knew each other.

I throw my used toilet paper in the trash and a knock makes it to the door. I swallow my built up saliva. I want to stay quiet and I really wasn't in the mood to talk but I didn't want to be rude either. I was obviously in here.

"Hello, are you okay?"

I look down at the shoes. Dress shoes. I think it was a man and telling by his voice, he was probably in his late twenties. I'm just guessing.

"Yes, I'm fine."

"Pepper?"

I scrunch my eyebrows up. I'm not sure I know a lot of older people, only people's parents. I don't think I've ever heard his voice but I could be wrong.

I end up walking over and unlocking the door, and there stood Mr. Lemont. Mrs. Lemont's husband of course! I have only seen him once so I didn't know his voice yet. And he is in his late twenties, her and him are two years apart, Mrs. Lemont being older.

He looked a lot like Luca but much older and richer. So it was really true that my teacher had money, I knew that now.

Mr. Lemont was dressed in a nice suit and he had a neatly shaved haircut, properly postured, and of course, an elegant smile on his face. Who know he could be so dashing?

"Mr. Lemont, good evening." Now I felt humiliated that he had to listen to my obnoxious sobbing. I try to sound as polite as I can.

"Pepper, this is supposed to be your night. Why are you crying?" He seemed to ignore the fact that my weeping was disgusting and I'm so glad he did.

"Complicated stuff... I wouldn't expect you to understand." I give him a smile as I leave from the stall to face him.

"Well how can I understand if you don't tell me?" He lightly laughs. "I'm sure you can just fill me in briefly. Talking to someone can make you feel better."

Might as well, right?

"Well um, I'm not staying here for college and I'll be away from everyone... including my boyfriend."

"Mm, Cade Stone?" He questions, it sounded like he knew but he didn't want to risk it.

"Yeah, he was the last one to know about me leaving to Chicago. I always wanted to attend the university there before I was in high school and we talked about college... but I didn't tell him and he was angry when I finally did. Which is completely understandable, I was an idiot for not saying anything. Anyways, I called him selfish but I'm the one that's selfish." I explain, sighing out desperately.