28

Nonnie watched as Pepper sat on the couch and stared at the coffee table for what seemed hours

The boy wouldn't talk to her, he wouldn't talk to anyone so she had to keep charge of all of the messages he got and reply to them for him, explaining that he wasn't well at the moment. She didn't say too much because that would be invading his privacy.

"Alright, well I'm leaving. I love you, Pepper." She leans down and pecks his lips gently. He doesn't respond and moved his eyes away from her, almost as he was telling her that he didn't care.

Even though she hasn't been the best, Nonnie was hurt by what happened. She visited Levi on her own last night when he was awake and had a deep conversation with him.

He was off towards her, she felt like he wasn't saying what he really felt but she understood. He wasn't in the best condition.

But she was also hurt for the triplets and mostly for Pepper. He didn't look good. He smelled for one, he didn't change clothes from three days ago, his skin had gone pale, his hair was dry and messy and he had large nasty eye bags.

He looked sick.

Pepper was attached to his father, he didn't have a mother. And while his mother passed away, it seemed everyone in their family was a little distant so he stayed close to his father.

But now that he had cancer, Pepper's brain went nuts, thinking of all the negative outcomes. It was scary, really.

"Bye, honey." Nonnie ached to say it. To leave her boyfriend who obviously needed someone, all alone.

But it felt like she was nuisance and everything she was doing wasn't working. She felt like Pepper wanted someone else... or maybe he actually needed time alone instead.

She sighs out exhaustedly, opening the front door and then closing it after her.

And after a few minutes, Pepper pushed himself up and went over to the front door to lock it but as he passed the long sized window next to it, he saw Nonnie's car was still parked outside.

He peaked out and noticed the girl had her hands in her face and she was leaning against the wheel. She was crying.

He then felt a disgusting feeling in his stomach. Watching her cry over him... was kind of heartbreaking. He knew how much she cared for him.

When his phone rang, he jumped and looked over at the coffee table. He walks over to it, rubbing his eyes tiredly and he picks it up. It was his grandma.

"Hey Oma."
(Hey granny.)

"Pepper! Wie fühlst du dich?!" She sounded so excited to finally get to talk to him.
(How do you feel?!)

He shrugs. "Fein."
(Fine.)

"Es tut mir leid, meine Liebe," She then went quiet for a second before speaking again. "Ich vermisse auch meinen Sohn..."
(I'm sorry, my love)
(I miss my son too...)