21

"Don't kick me with your foot, dummy

"Don't kick me with your foot, dummy." Cade glared at the other boy before going back to read his book.

"I wasn't trying to." Pepper giggled as Cade's hand slowly massaged his ankle that was resting on his stomach. His other leg was placed beside him.

It was weird both of them haven't yet put on clothes but the door was locked and they were under the blanket so it didn't matter to them anymore.

It was quiet in the room, nothing but the sound of sheets or everytime one shuffled, the turning of pages and the small shooting game Pepper was playing on his phone. And he loved how he was able to break a lot of Cade's cold persona. It made him beyond happy.

A small ding grabbed Pepper's attention.

It was Nonnie and for some reason when he went into the messages, she already texted eight times and called twice. He never noticed it, he didn't hear any of the notifications.

And that's when he remembered he turned it off.

So, how did it go back on? He must of pressed it on accident or something.

He felt panic and major guilt creep in but he kept quiet so Cade didn't suspect.

Nonnie♡
(410)xxx-xxxx

Why did you leave
School without me?

Pepper?

Seriously we haven't hung
Out in a while. I wanted to be
With you after school :(

Pepper! Omg answer!

That is so rude that
you can't answer me.
It's been three hours already since
I first texted.What are you doing?!!

Keegan texted and told me
You sneaked off with Cade...

Are you fucking serious?!😡

Pepper cringed when he finished reading all of the texts. He started to respond, typing.

Nonnie I'm so sorry!!

Yeah I'm with Cade but
we actually made plans and I didn't
want to ruin them. I'll make it up to you