37

Franki crouched down next to Pepper's bed, smiling at him as he lightly pinched Pepper's cheek

Franki crouched down next to Pepper's bed, smiling at him as he lightly pinched Pepper's cheek. "Hey, how are you feeling?"

"A little better... um, sorry that I scared you." Pepper responded, voice low.

"It's okay, you're going through a tough time. It's okay to let some emotions out but I'm glad Cade stopped you from raging on." Franki stroked his bangs to soothe him. Pepper hums.

Keegan came in and sat down on the end of the bed. "Cade is almost done with your food."

Pepper's eyes lowered to his hands. "Can I tell you guys a secret? I know Cade gets aggressively mad when I talk bad like this..."

Franki cocked in curiosity while Keegan just nodded, scooting closer to listen. Pepper slightly sat up.

"Keegan, how did it feel to have suicidal thoughts?"

Keegan's eyes darkened but he answered casually. "Tired, mad, sad. Mostly just emptiness."

"You had thoughts?" Franki questioned.

"Maybe a few since last week, but nothing serious where I wanted to go through with it... I visit dad every day at his grave and I tell him everything. But there were a couple of times that I just.... I j-just stop t-talking and realize how lonely I felt without him physically there. No matter how close I got to him on his stone," Pepper sadly smiles. "I thought that my sisters already have a lot of our family and each other to have, that maybe-"

"Why?" Keegan interrupts, showing a pained face.

"Why would you want to do that to the rest of us? We want you here, with us. We can always go through pain together." Franki says next.

"I know. That's why I could never do that to myself, you guys or my sisters. I really am needed but it's not like I can control the train of thoughts from coming and going."

"Then we should help you from feeling that way. We can do things together like go to the beach or hang out as a big group, I'm sure that can really make you feel better. We're always here for you kitten." Keegan sighs, patting Pepper's legs through the blanket.

Pepper nods. "I like that idea... going to the beach and stuff with you guys and the rest. I haven't went in a long time."

Franki looks over at Keegan, giving him a sweet gaze for what felt like longer than he thought. Keegan smiles before looking back at Pepper, who already had his attention on him.

They all fall into a small awkward silence but Franki immediately broke it.

"See? That's good." Franki grins.

"Are you guys... a thing?" Pepper asks, eyebrows furrowed.

"What?!" Both boys burst out before Pepper opened his mouth to say anything else. This makes him giggle at their sudden reactions.