Chapter 183

Daveed didn't even get the chance to talk before he was drowned out by the audience cheering. It took at least a few minutes for the noise to die down.

"Thank you for coming. As you all know, this was the final show of the Hamilton International Tour... round one. Thank you all for your tremendous, generous support over these last months as we've traveled all around the world. It's truly an honor to be a part of something that reaches so many people."

"I don't have a lot to say after this, but just know that we appreciate you all so, so very much. It means so much to us to know that you're supporting this show," Daveed continued. "Keep on being fantastic people. That's all that this world needs. Good people."

Daveed set the microphone down and stepped back into line.

Then, the pit orchestra began playing a new, majestic version of 'Satisfied' as the cast took their bows, changing to 'Story of Tonight' when the cast members who were leaving stepped forward for their individual bows.

Pippa was crying as she took her final bow. It was hard to believe how far she'd come, since the very first tour rehearsal. She'd gone so many places and learned so many things with the people she was onstage with.

To think it was over was almost unbearable.

They bowed one more time. Pippa squeezed Brett and Beckett's hand as the entire cast had their final bow.

This was it. There was nothing of the first international tour after this. They were free- their contracts were up. There would be no more rehearsals, no more late-night sleepovers, nothing.

Of course, they had their final party, but even then, some cast members had obligations elsewhere. Araella was leaving almost as soon as she got offstage.

It was hard to believe.

And yet, Pippa was ready.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Schuyler Sisters dressing room was quiet. No one really wanted to break the mood, or even really acknowledge that this was the last time they'd be changing together. It was the calm before everything changed, and Pippa treasured it.

The room was already bare- they'd taken down all the fanart, letters, and cards that people had sent them and divided them among the Schuyler sisters.

Throughout the tour, the sign they'd used for their dressing room had remained the same. It was a sign that Pippa, Jazzy and Lana had made in the 'get to know you' party at the beginning of the tour. It was the only decoration still hanging, pinned to the door. It was torn and ripped at this point from all of the dressing rooms it had been pinned to.

'PIPPA SOO, ELIZA HAMILTON'

'JASMINE CEPHAS JONES, PEGGY/MARIA'

'LANA CARNELL, ANGELICA SCHUYLER'

"What do you guys want to do with this?" Jazzy asked, looking up at the sign hanging innocently on the door. "Who wants it?"

Lana and Pippa exchanged glances. "I don't need it," Lana said finally. "I'm sure that Addy, Savannah and I will make a new one. For the tour."

"Either way is fine with me," Pippa agreed. "None of us need it anymore, but it's too iconic to throw away."

"I'll keep it," Jazzy laughed. "And I'll spring it on one of you guys at your wedding. It's more likely to be Pippa's than Lana's, to be honest."

Lana almost spit out her water. "Jessa and I have barely been dating a month," she protested. "Marriage is not even a question."

Jazzy wiggled her eyebrows. "I love how your thoughts jump to her, pal, but it was a general statement."

"In her defense, you were implying that marriage was on the table for both of us," Pippa defended. "I mean, it is for me, but you weren't specific."

Jazzy slid the sign into her bag. "True, true. Let's go down to the party. I'm sure that we're holding everyone up."

"No, I'm pretty sure that Daveed takes longer at everything. He's a diva," Lana commented.

"I won't deny that."

Once they got down to the party, the first thing they spotted was the huge cake on the table.

Then, they saw the line of black backpacks, adorned with a gold star. Each bag had a name on it. Beside the line of backpacks was a table with slips of paper, with a list of instructions. 'Write like you're running out of time... a compliment for every cast member, and put it in their bag.'

Lana started writing her slips instantly. Carleigh, Hubble, and Beckett were already halfway down the line of backpacks.

Jazzy and Pippa went over to get cake and chat.

After about forty minutes, Oak and Lana had a quick conversation before Lana clapped her hands together. The room fell silent.

"Please gather in front of the projector," she said. "We have a surprise for you. We will be viewing an edited video made by Axel. The first half is a compilation of rehearsal footage. They taped every rehearsal for reference. The second half is our last show in Sydney, which was specially recorded to be played in Australian theatres. Enjoy."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

oh my GoD i'm so sorry my children we forgot to feed you for so long :) well, at least this chapter is just in time for the holidays...

have a happy/merry/wonderful time doing whatever you do at this time of year, for ALL of you. we love you all!