Chapter 107

It was the night before opening night. All the couples in the cast had decided to do separate date nights. Brett and Kaitlyn were off at some amusement park called Gorky Park, Jazzy and Anthony were looking at Saint Basil's Cathedral, and Pippa was Facetiming Steven.

The ensemble girls were out doing who-knows-what, but Jessa, Carleigh, and Lana stayed behind to rehearse with Daniel.

After they finished rehearsing, Carleigh disappeared to who-knows-where, and Jessa and Lana were left awkwardly standing in the middle of the stage. Daniel had already left to meet up with the rest of the guy ensemblists.

"What do you want to do? We could try and catch up with the girls?" Lana suggested.

"Only if you want to..." Jessa said. "I've actually been having some weird tight muscle in my foot, and I didn't really want to use it more than necessary."

"We can stay," Lana said immediately. "We'll rent a movie or something."

"If you want, we can go. I'd hate to hold you back. I'm sure they're having fun," Jessa told her. "Really, it would be fine if you wanted to go."

"No, it's not a problem. Anyway, let's go back to the hotel. I don't have any money with me right now," Lana said.

Once they had walked back to the hotel, they both changed into their pajamas. Jessa had unicorn slippers, which she put on.

"So," Jessa said, sitting criss-cross applesauce on her bed. "What do you want to order for food? I don't know a lot about Russian food, but there's a McDonalds everywhere in the world, so there's always that."

"Let's just get room service... I am really lazy," Lana laughed.

"Literally same," Jessa agreed. "Alright."

Once their food arrived, they both started eating. Jessa accidentally spilled rice on her unicorn slippers and gasped so loudly that Lana thought she had gotten cut on her knife or something serious.

"We're all good," Jessa said. "It's all good, the unicorns are still alive."

"We wouldn't want anything bad to happen to them," Lana said somewhat sarcastically.

"No, they're the best slippers," Jessa agreed. "So. Are your parents coming to any of the shows? I know we're not going back to the states for a while, but mine went to London."

"They're seeing the show in Orlando, and then we're going to Disney," Lana said.

"Disney World," Jessa said, laughing. "I love that place. It's great. You need to go to the Frozen Singalong. If you get the right improv actors, it's the best."

"I'll keep that in mind," Lana said.

"So, dating anyone?" Jessa asked, while spooning rice into her mouth. "If not, I'll be really surprised. The guys probably drool over you when you're not looking. In fact, I know they do."

Lana blushed. "Um, no, I'm not dating anyone. The James stress was enough for a while."

"Sad. You deserve a cool guy. Or girl," Jessa told her.

"Thanks," Lana said. She couldn't tell if Jessa was trying to figure out if she was single because she wanted to date Lana... or if it was just a friendly conversation.

"What kind of people in the cast would be your type? I can definitely hook you up," Jessa said eagerly.

"You sound like Jazzy," Lana said.

"Whoops," Jessa said. "Carleigh's single, and she's pretty, and she's really cool. I don't know if she likes girls but I could always find out for you."

"I'm pretty sure that Carleigh is as straight as a ruler, even though she does enjoy acting like a velociraptor," Lana said.

"What would acting like a velociraptor have to do with anything?" Jessa giggled.

"I don't know... she's a strange human."

"She is, but she's such a sweetheart," Jessa told Lana. "What about Araella?"

The irony. Lana remembered when Araella tried to hook her up with Jessa. And now Jessa was trying to get Lana to date Araella. The tour cast was a mess.

"No, she's not gay either," Lana said, shaking her head.

"What about Daniel? He's pretty hot."

"I thought you didn't like guys?" Lana spluttered.

"I don't, but even if I don't shop from the canned soup aisle doesn't mean I don't admire the cans," Jessa retorted.

"What?!"

"It's a metaphor," Jessa laughed. "I saw it on Pinterest or something. Well, not exactly. It had to do with a nun that told a girl that a guy was hot, and the girl was surprised that a nun was commenting on the guy, and the nun said that she's allowed to look at the menu even if she can't order..."

"You're a mess," Lana told Jessa.

"Probably, yeah. It's all that rooming with the velociraptor," Jessa said.

"Carleigh would kill you if she heard that you were calling her a velociraptor... I don't think she intends to act like one."

"No, she just does this weird arms tucked in at her sides while flapping her hands when she's tired," Jessa said. "And she pulls this weird face. I'm pretty sure it's her go-to weird walk when she wants to be strange."

"Probably."

"Do you have a weird walk when you're tired?"

"No?" It came out as a question.

"I don't think you do, either. It's probably just Carleigh. Still, I'm sure that even velociraptors are good people to date."

"But velociraptors are dinosaurs, Jessa."

"Well maybe if you're bisexual you can also be dinosaur sexual? Like not literally but maybe you can like Carleigh aka the dinosaur that we all know and love?"

"So bisexual, because Carleigh is a girl, not a dinosaur, as much as you might wish she was."

"Think of how great it would be if we had a dinosaur cast member," Jessa said wistfully.

"It would be great for a while, but then we wouldn't have Carleigh anymore because a meteor would strike and she would go extinct."

"Ouch, harsh, Lana Carnell," Jessa laughed.

"There's a reason why there aren't dinosaurs walking around in Moscow right now."

"Who knows, Carleigh might be walking down the street right now, you never know."

"Jessa, Carleigh is NOT a dinosaur! God, this whole conversation is a mess."

"True," Jessa giggled. Then she whispered, under her breath, "It's all because of the velociraptor."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

alright i confess i wrote this 

it was during july? so idk why it was so weird