Chapter 27

Vanessa thought about Lin and the rest of the cast constantly. She had almost all of their numbers, except for some of the newer ensemblists. She always got updates from Lin after every show, and he texted her every night. It still wasn't the same. Once they went to Austria, the phone calls would start to get expensive. The cast was leaving that day. Vanessa couldn't bear the thought of Lin being so many miles away. It had been hard enough when he went to Portland.

Sebastian missed Lin, Vanessa could tell. She also could tell that he missed Pippa, who was his favorite babysitter. He adored Pippa and especially enjoyed playing with her hair and making it super tangled.

Vanessa needed to tell Lin something, but the tour lasted so long. She didn't want to wait to see him anymore. She pulled out her phone and opened her messages.

Vanessa: Hey, Pip. How's the tour?

Pippa: it's going pretty well. going to board the plane in about an hour. how are you and seb?

Vanessa: Missing Lin. I heard you were sick.

Pippa: i'm sorry nessa. and yeah, i was for about half of portland but now i'm better, thankfully

Vanessa: Can you help me with something?

Pippa: anything. why?

Vanessa: I want to fly out to Austria to see you guys. I have to tell Lin something.

Pippa: HJSDAFHASadflka i would love to see you here :) what do you need my help with?

Vanessa: I need to know rehearsal times and when would be a good time to see the entire cast

Pippa: i'm beginning to get an idea of what this is about nessa I SWEAR IF YOU'RE PREGNANT

Vanessa: You CANNOT tell Lin

Pippa: WHAT YOU ARE!?!? I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU YOU'D BETTER GET TO AUSTRIA NOW. I WANT TO GIVE YOU A HUG

Vanessa: I plan on flying out in two days or so. When could I tell him?

Pippa: we have a week of rehearsals before the shows start and then roughly three weeks of performances. we usually rehearse for an hour or two before some performances. it doesn't matter most likely. if you want to meet the cast the rehearsals would be a good time. so you don't want lin to know that you're even coming?

Vanessa: No. I think I'll surprise you all after the show if you can get everyone onstage after the show, after the rest of the audience leaves.

Pippa: i will. i have to go now, we're boarding the plane quicker than i thought. i won't tell anyone. CONGRATULATIONS

Vanessa: I'll talk to you once you land Pippa. Be safe.

Pippa: love you nessa

Vanessa turned off her phone and sighed. Pippa always made her feel better. She was such a lovely human being, and she was the most selfless person Vanessa had ever met. She cared so much. Talking to Pippa had put to rest her fears about telling Lin.

She wondered what her husband would think. Another child. It was a strange thought, that Sebastian would no longer be the only son. Now, the Miranda family would become four instead of three. Vanessa didn't want to go through this entire pregnancy without Lin. She'd already been through two and a half months.

What if Lin didn't want another child? Or what if the baby came when Lin was halfway across the world, performing? She didn't want to be alone through this. It made her heart heavy to think of going through the pregnancy without Lin by her side.

~~~~~~~~~

Brett had never been happier. It had been stressful to be around Lana when they hung out, but with Kaitlyn, it felt natural.

They boarded the plane. He was sitting next to Kaitlyn and across the aisle was Jazzy and Pippa. He was glad that they didn't have to worry about bothering other passengers that weren't part of their tour. That would have been difficult, especially with such an energetic cast.

He and Kaitlyn mainly talked, and then they played Disney Sorry again with Pippa and Jazzy. Kaitlyn won. Again.

"You're such a cheater, Kait," Brett teased.

"I'd have to hack the app in order to cheat," Kaitlyn protested.

"I bet you did hack it. You're smart," he insisted.

"You're just a sore loser," Kaitlyn retorted.

The flight took a long time. It started to get late and they were still a long ways away from landing in Austria. Pippa had fallen asleep with her head in Jazzy's lap, and Lin was happily taking pictures of all the cast members and posting them on Twitter. Brett knew this because his phone kept giving him notifications that 'Lin Manuel-Miranda has posted on Twitter'.

Eventually Brett stopped paying attention to his phone and realized that Kaitlyn had fallen asleep on his shoulder.

It was a nice feeling, he decided.

And then he got another notification.

'Lin Manuel-Miranda has posted on Twitter'

'@KaitKnox @brico KAITLYN AND BRETT ARE MY OTP!!! #BRETTLYN' with a picture of Kaitlyn and Brett.

Brett rolled his eyes but retweeted the picture anyway.

~~~~

Hey hey hey my beans!

This is the ACTUAL chapter 27, cause I misnumbered last time. Enjoy!