Chapter 145

Piles upon piles of magazines and books were spread on the table in front of Jazzy and Anthony, most of which featured picturesque photographs of various weddings.

"So, first, we need to talk about your groomsmen," Jazzy said, her hand hovering over a piece of paper. Anthony sat back in his chair. "I was thinking around five, what do you think?"

"I think that's perfect, I don't want to invite too many people," Anthony agreed. "For best man, Daveed, probably."

"That's who I was hoping you'd pick."

"And otherwise, Lin, Brett, Oak and Lac," Anthony told her. Jazzy wrote their names down on the piece of paper. "Who do you want, Jaz?"

"For your groomsmen?"

"Well, yeah, I want to agree on them. I don't want to pick someone you don't want."

"No, that's exactly who I wanted, too," Jazzy said. "I didn't think about Brett, but he's a great guy, and I know you two have gotten closer."

"I'm glad. How about your bridesmaids?"

Jazzy thought for a minute. "That's going to be really difficult, because we know so many great girls. Not that we only know five good guys, but it's going to be hard to narrow it down to five."

"You could always do more if you can't pick," Anthony reassured her.

"Well, for maid of honor, I was thinking Renee," Jazzy said finally. "It's really hard to decide between her and Pippa."

"They could co-maid of honor," Anthony suggested.

"How would that work?"

"I don't know," Anthony admitted. "One can give you the rings, one can hold the flowers?"

"The ring bearer holds the rings, Anthony," Jazzy reminded him.

"Well, it doesn't have to be that way," Anthony said, turning red. "You're the Schuyler Sisters, you can do whatever you want."

"I'll think about it," Jazzy laughed. "So, for bridesmaids, I want Pippa and Renee, obviously. Then I was thinking maybe Lana and Kaitlyn. I don't know, though. Or I could have Ariana, and Betsey, or Carleigh."

"Whatever you want, Jazzy. We can do six if it's too hard to choose."

"Okay, well, I'll just write a bunch of people and decide from there," Jazzy said decisively. "For the flower girl, who should we have?"

"Averie," Anthony said instantly. "If she can walk down the aisle."

"Of course, and Seb will be our ring bearer."

"That was a no-brainer," Anthony laughed. "Do we want to be super extra and have a color scheme? I vote brown and yellow."

"Absolutely not," Jazzy said, smacking Anthony's arm. "Anything but that."

"Your favorite color is red, right?" Anthony asked.

"Yeah, and yours is blue," Jazzy replied. "So we could do that."

"And then we can have Spiderman decorations!" Anthony exclaimed excitedly.

"NO!" Jazzy shouted, but with a smile on her face. "How about blue and something else, not red, because red is just... not wedding-ey?"

"Purple?"

"Light purple?"

"Don't ask me, I don't know how this stuff works," Anthony said, holding his hands up in mock surrender.

Jazzy opened up Pinterest on her phone, scrolling for a few minutes. "Turquoise and yellow?" she asked, showing Anthony a picture.

"Yeah, that's pretty, and also very 'And Peggy,'" Anthony said.

"Okay, that's settled."

Jazzy wrote their new color scheme down. "So we have our color scheme, some of our bridal party, our two small children..."

"What about guests?"

"Well, the OBC cast, of course, and our families, and the tour cast, and some friends from pre-Broadway and such," Jazzy said. "I think that would be about it, though."

"Yeah, I agree," Anthony said. "What about the second tour cast? We won't know them that well, but I don't want to leave them out."

"We could have them skype in, since they'll be performing," Jazzy suggested. "Of course, some of them would want to fly out. I know Carleigh will want to, and Oak and Lana will, obviously. And Kasey, too, and Addy."

"Sounds good. Where do we want it?" Anthony asked.

"This might be impossible, but... Trinity Church?"

"I bet Lin could pull it off," Anthony laughed. "And it's pretty in there. And we could have the reception in the Richard Rodgers? If we can't find anywhere else?"

"That would be amazing, too," Jazzy said. "My only problem with the Richard Rodgers is space, since we'll have the equivalent of three Broadway casts, roughly. That's a lot."

"That's true," Anthony said thoughtfully. "Or we could have it outside, or something."

"Well, we'll think of it sometime," Jazzy said. "I'm getting bored, so do you want to watch something, or go do something non-wedding related?"

"Sure. Let's go get cookies," Anthony said, standing up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

so sorry i haven't updated tbh i'm lazzyyy so

also please keep the family of one of the recent alumni from my high school in your thoughts :)