Chapter 1

Today was not Pippa's best day. She was stressed, and tired, and emotionally exhausted. It had been her last show in Amelie today. All day she hadn't been able to get anything done or relax. She'd woken up that morning feeling like crap, and running around hadn't helped at all. In fact, it made her feel worse.

Her phone was blowing up the entire day with well wishes from the cast. Pippa loved them all to death, but she never felt as happy with Amelie as she had with Hamilton. Perhaps it was the fact that she didn't connect with the character as well. Maybe it was the music. Pippa didn't know. She'd loved the show at first, but after a year and a half, she didn't feel the spark anymore. It just didn't click. She'd decided it was time to move on and find a new project.

For now, she was looking at some new Broadway shows- one was a show about an orchestra. So far, nothing had really sparked her interest.

She had just gotten home after what seemed like hours of tearful goodbyes, last words of encouragement, and promises to keep in touch. She hung her coat on the hook and set her bag down by the door, flopping onto the couch immediately.

She turned on her phone and scrolled through the list of messages that she'd gotten. Most were from her Amelie costars, wishing her luck. Many were Instagram notifications of fans posting tribute pictures for her last show. Some of them she took the time to 'like'- she knew that whoever had posted it would be thrilled. It made her feel the slightest bit better.

There were a few texts from Renee, asking her how she was feeling. Pippa had texted her that morning, saying how she didn't feel well. She'd known that she couldn't take a sick day for her final show.

Renee: how was your last show?

Pippa: it was emotional. i'm going to miss them all

Renee: how are you feeling?

Pippa: i have a headache but i'll be okay. i don't have any shows tomorrow since i'm done, so i can sleep finally

Renee: you overwork yourself.

Pippa: i can't just let people down

Renee: you also need to keep yourself healthy, though

Pippa's phone started ringing. She glanced at the contact and saw, with surprise, that Lin was calling her. She answered.

"Lin!" she exclaimed.

"Pippa, how are you doing?" he asked.

"I'm okay," she told him. In the background, she could hear Sebastian squealing.

"Be quiet!" Lin scolded. "Sorry, that was to Sebastian. Not you."

"I thought so," Pippa laughed.

"I'm sorry to bother you. I know it was your last Amelie show tonight- how did that go?" Lin asked. Pippa got up and started hunting around in her apartment for tea bags.

"It was fine. There was a lot of energy from the audience, which was what I needed," Pippa said.

"What do you mean? You always do an amazing job, Pip. You've done well even if the audience is the worst audience in the world," Lin said, confused.

Pippa laughed. She finally located the chai tea and started heating up the milk. "I don't feel that great, but I didn't want to call in sick, because I had to last week, too," she admitted. "It was also my last show, so I felt like I couldn't just say 'By the way, I'm sick, so last night was my last show'."

"Are you feeling alright?" Lin asked instantly.

"It's just been a fever, it's not a big deal," Pippa reassured him. "What are you calling about?"

"This has been in the works for a while now, but I just got the green light. The producers of the show and I were discussing the possibility of an International Hamilton tour. We were working out logistics and we just finalized the stops. I'm calling to ask you if you would be willing to return to the show for the tour," Lin said. "You were the first person I thought of. There's a few original members that I'm specifically asking. I haven't called any of them yet. I wanted to talk to you first."

Pippa was silent. Her mind was swimming. She couldn't register the words at first, probably because of how crappy she felt. Then, it finally clicked in her tired brain.

"Pippa?"

"Absolutely!"