Chapter 130

The next day, the girls (and Steven, who has nothing better to do) all smush into the Schuyler Sisters' dressing room. They decide to make a video for Lin and Vanessa.

"Pippa, you're the closest with Vanessa, how about you film it?" Kaitlyn suggests. "I have a selfie stick if you need it."

"Oh God," Pippa groans, "I never thought I'd be using one of those, but I suppose that it's our best option."

"I don't even want to know why you own that," Jessa comments.

"My mom thought it would be a cool and hip gift to get me, and I shoved it in the bottom of my purse, pretending to like it," Kaitlyn responds.

Everyone laughs, as Pippa hooks up her phone to the stick.

"Okay, everybody, I'm going to start recording in three... two... one!"

Pippa presses the record button, and the video begins.

"Hey Lin and Nessa!" Pippa begins.

"Don't forget Sebastian!" Jessa screams.

"Hashtag justice for Sebastian two-kay-eighteen!" Araella calls. Pippa laughs.

"The girls here on the Hamiltour just wanted to say congratulations on the new baby!" Pippa continues.

"We love you!!" Jazzy exclaims.

"We can't wait to meet her!" Lana adds.

Pippa blows a kiss at the camera, and the other girls cheer, blow kisses, clap, and wave, and then, she hits the button to stop recording the video.

"Okay, I'll send that off to them," Pippa smiles.

"We have to go get ready for the matinee," Kaitlyn says, and they all file out of the room except for Carleigh, who is laying on the floor.

"Carleigh, are you going to go get ready?" Lana asks.

"Ugh, do I have to?"

"I mean, it's probably a good idea," Pippa suggests.

"I just feel so gross," Carleigh whines.

"Never fear," Steven says. "I played a doctor on a TV show once!"

"Yeah," Pippa sasses, "and it actually won a title of the biggest TV flop ever."

Steven laughs. "Shh, babe, they don't need to know that," he says, placing a finger over Pippa's lips.

"WAIT A MINUTE," Jazzy screams. "Was that the show that Lin was on?"

"Yeah," Steven mutters.

"I have to admit, that show was horrible."

"JAZZY!" Pippa scolds.

"No, it really was," Steven laughs. "That's in the past now, though. Now, shall we get back to the topic of the girl laying on the floor looking like she's about to die?"

"God Carleigh, you really don't look good..." Lana admits. "Calling out might not be a bad idea for you..."

"No, I can do the show," Carleigh insists, hoisting herself up and wandering out of the room and down the hall to her dressing room.

------------------------

As the cast is backstage waiting to go on for 'Alexander Hamilton,' Carleigh is complaining a lot.

"My stomach hurts so bad," she tells Kaitlyn.

"Carleigh, if you need to take off, then you can."

"I'm fine," she insists. "I'm just a little bit sick. It's not a big deal."

"Carleigh, there is a reason we have universal swings. Remember, they have to make a paycheck too." Kaitlyn tries to crack a joke.

Carleigh frowns. "I'm fine, Kait. Don't worry about me."

"Alright..." Kaitlyn replies, and walks away.

"There's no way Carleigh is going to make it through this show," she continues, walking up to the Schuyler Sisters.

"Everyone realizes that except for Carleigh herself," Pippa sighs.

The girls eventually have to forget about Carleigh and get into character, though, because the lights fall down in the auditorium, and a hush falls over the crowd.

After a moment of beautiful silence, Beckett walks out onstage.

A spotlight falls upon him.

He begins to sing, and then, the show is in full swing.

One thing is lacking, though. The ensemble's energy.

Carleigh is the one that always brings the energy every night. Everyone else feeds off of her.

Of course, they're still good, just not quite as good without Carleigh being at her top notch.

When they come off from "Yorktown," Carleigh runs out to her dressing room immediately.

"Where did she go? We need her for 'Non-Stop!'" Araella says.

"I'll go check on her," Jazzy offers, running out to the ensemble dressing room, where Carleigh is laying on the floor again, looking rather green.

"I don't think I can go on for Act II," she groans.

"Okay, I'll have one of the swings go on. Can you make it for 'Non-Stop?'"

"No," Carleigh admits.

"That's okay. They can deal with it. You just need to go back to the hotel and get some rest alright?" Jazzy instructs.

"Okay," Carleigh agrees, dragging herself off of the floor and grabbing her bag.

"Feel better," Jazzy calls after her friend, and then, runs back to the stage.