Chapter 50

The next day, Pippa and Jazzy wake up to a loud and somewhat obnoxious knocking on their door. Pippa blearily opens her eyes and rolls out of bed onto the floor before springing up to answer the door.

"What is it?" Pippa asks, opening the door, just a crack. It's Lin, and he has a wide grin on his face.

"Get up and get dressed! I just found out that Vanessa and Seb are coming down for a visit!" Lin says, much too enthusiastically for it being 6:00 in the morning.

"Oh my gosh, that's amazing!" Jazzy squeals, bouncing over to the door. "But couldn't you have told us at a more reasonable hour?"

"They just now told me. I didn't even realize how early it was," Lin sheepishly admits. "They should be here in an hour! We are meeting at IHOP if you want to join."

"Oh my goodness, I would love some waffles," Jazzy replies, laughing. "I'm in. What about you, Pip?"

"Of course! I would love to see your family, Lin!" Pippa says. "How's Nessa doing with the baby?"

"She says that it's going surprisingly well. The baby is apparently extremely active."

"That's wonderful! Do you know the gender yet?" Pippa asks excitedly.

"I think she's telling me today!" Lin replies.

"Ahh! That's amazing!" Jazzy squeals. "Do we get to know?"

"Of course! You two are practically the baby's big sisters!" Lin says. "Although, I don't know if that's a good thing or not."

"I will have you know that we are a wonderful influence on children," Jazzy smirks.

"You know we're going to spoil it to death," Pippa adds. "Even if it is a boy."

"That's true," Lin admits. "Now, put some real clothes on and meet me down in the lobby in fifteen minutes so that we can get to the restaurant."

"Alright," Pippa replies, closing the door. She wears her Eliza Hamilton scarf (which has become her favorite article of clothing), jeans, and gray boots. Jazzy decides to put on a flannel (Anthony's), leggings, and Converse.

By the time that both girls get their stuff together and do their daily makeup, it's time to head down to meet Lin. They climb into the backseat of his rental car, and drive off to meet Vanessa and Sebastian.

"Lin!" Vanessa squeals, when she sees her husband. Pippa and Jazzy stand off to the side, until Sebastian notices them and runs full-speed at Pippa.

"PIIIIIPPPPAAA!" Sebastian squeals. "J-ZZZY!" He collides with Pippa's knees and she stumbles a little bit, then picks him up and twirls him around.

"SEBBY!" she laughs. "How are you, buddy?"

"Mommy has a baby in her tummy!" he announces, proudly.

"Really? Wow!" Jazzy says, overdramatically, in a high-pitched voice.

Vanessa walks over to the girls and takes Seb from Pippa's arms. "It's so lovely to see you both," she says, smiling.

"How are you doing, Vanessa?" Jazzy asks.

"I'm hanging in there," she smiles.

"You're getting so big!" Pippa tells her. "And you look wonderful!"

"I know! I can't believe it!" Nessa replies, happily. She sets Sebastian down on the ground and gives both girls hugs. Sebastian runs over to Lin and gives him a big hug.

"Buddy, you gave the girls their hugs before me," Lin pretends to pout. Sebastian giggles.

"Don't worry Daddy! I still love you more!"