Chapter 48

Kaitlyn feels tears begin to form in her eyes. Brett puts his arm around her shoulder.

"Shhh, sweetie, it's okay. Everything is going to be fine, I promise."

"I'm so scared," she admits.

"It's our fault. We never should've pushed you to go out of your comfort zone," Pippa admits. "I had no idea how afraid you were."

"It's fine Pippa. It's- It's such a stupid fear, and I thought that if I rode this, then I might get over it, but I'm not. I'm more afraid than ever."

"No, it's not a stupid fear. So many people are afraid of roller coasters, and I think even more people are afraid of heights. Take a deep breath," Pippa consoles her friend.

A cool breeze passes through as the group sits there in silence, all feeling awful.

"No more roller coasters today, sweetie," Brett promises. "Can we go on the Music Express after this? Would that make you feel better?"

"Can we?" Kaitlyn asks.

"Of course. We can ride the whip too, if it makes you happy."

"It does," she admits. "I like the kiddy rides more than I like the big kid rides."

"We will all ride those with you Kait," Jazzy says.

After what feels like an eternity, they see a park worker come up the stairs.

"We are going to need you to exit the car and come down the stairs while we make the necessary repairs," he says.

"Kait? Do you want to go first?" Brett asks.

"Can you go? I'll follow you."

"Alright," he says, and climbs out, with Kait right on his heels. They hold hands as they climb down the stairs.

"Just don't look down," Brett instructs her.

Finally, they make it to the bottom. Pippa runs up to Kait and wraps her in a hug.

"You did it!" Jazzy squeals. Even Lana shares a quick high-five with Kaitlyn.

"Let's go to the Music Express now," Brett says, leading the rest of the group towards the ride.

Kaitlyn and Brett share a car, Anthony and Jazzy share one, Pippa and Lin share one, and Lana and Beckett climb into a car together.

"Here we go!" Jazzy shouts, as the ride begins to move on it's tracks, in a small, but bumpy circle.

"That was so much fun!" Kaitlyn squeals, once the ride is over.

"It was a lot more fun than that roller coaster just was," Lin agrees, laughing. "Let's go on the whip now."

"Yeah!" Pippa agrees. They make their way towards the ride, which is one of the oldest rides in the park.

"Hey, you guys go do the whip on the whip and I'll take a picture," Lin says to the girls.

"Oh my gosh, Lin," Pippa says, laughing and rolling her eyes. "I am not doing that."

"Come on Pippa!" Jazzy pleads.

"Ugh, fine," Pippa laughs. "Let's get this over with."

The girls climb into their car and half-heartedly whip (but Jazzy is enthusiastic) while Lin takes pictures from the side.

"Alright, now let's all ride again! Let's put the couples in the cars!" Brett suggests, grabbing Kaitlyn's hand.

"You just want some smooch timeeee," Pippa snickers, immaturely.

"I'm down for this," Jazzy says, grabbing Anthony and pulling him into a car.

Lana and Pippa end up in a car together, and Lin and Beckett end up in a car together, and then the ride starts. Pippa can see Jazzy and Anthony getting very... cuddly... in their car as they are whipped around the tracks.

"That was spicy," Lana teases Jazzy after the ride is over.

"Shut up," Jazzy mutters, but everyone can tell that she is trying to not laugh.

After they ride the whip, Pippa comments that she is hungry.

"Let's get lunch," Lin suggests.

"That sounds wonderful," Brett agrees. They head to the nearest food stand, and Pippa wants to order a hot dog.

"No Pippa. Get a salad. You can't risk getting sick again!"

"There aren't eggs in hot dogs, Jazzy."

"You can't be sure!" Jazzy protests.

"Oh my gosh," Pippa rolls her eyes.

"Jas, let Pippa get whatever she wants. She's a big girl," Lin laughs.

"Thank you Lin," Pippa groans, placing her order.

They get their food and sit down on a bench, and watch people get soaked on Tidal Force. Lana can't help but laugh at how everyone doesn't expect to get as wet as they do, despite all of the warning signs.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay guys, so here's the update.

A few things:

1. please don't get frustrated with the lack of updates. life happens and sometimes you have to wait, and i'm sorry about that, but that's just how it goes.

2. i auditioned but i didn't get drum major, but overall i'll be fine.

3. thank you for all the reads! we keep getting more and more readers every day and it's so wonderful!

4. we don't know how many chapters we're going to make. the last one we wrote was chapter 94. 

~darkdisrepair