Chapter 122

Just as Pippa is about to go to bed, she gets a text. It's on a group chat between her, Jazzy, and Vanessa.

Vanessa: lord i just want this baby out of me.

Pippa: aw nessa :( when are you due again?

Vanessa: tomorrow, but I think it will be a few more days.

Jazzy: You poor thing. Is there anything that we can do?

Vanessa: From Australia? Not really...

Pippa: that's what i was afraid of... sorry v

Vanessa: It's okay. i don't know why you're apologizing because it's not your fault... actually, while we are on that subject...LIN GET OVER HERE!

Jazzy: Oh my gosh Vanessa, haha. Hang in there. Do you want us to call and order Insomnia Cookies for you or something?

Vanessa: That will really make your phone bill go up. Don't worry, I'm fine. i just needed to complain for a bit. it's late there, isn't it?

Pippa: it's okay. we weren't asleep anyway.

Vanessa: get some rest, girls. You have rehearsal tomorrow.

Jazzy: Okay. Goodnight V.

Vanessa: Goodnight pips

--------------------------

The next day, the cast had a put-in rehearsal for Daniel. Even from the opening number, they knew that it would go better than it had with James.

Daniel knew what he was doing, and knew his words, blocking, notes, and choreography like the back of his hand already. He was very expressive and fit perfectly into his track.

His hands stayed on Kaitlyn's waist during "Helpless," which is more than what could be said for James, and he didn't trip anyone.

Overall, everyone knew that the tour was starting to look better now that James was just a distant memory.

A very, very bad distant memory that everyone was trying to erase from their brains.

Since nobody had expected Act I, even "The Battle of Yorktown," to run as smoothly as it had, Daveed told the cast that the would run Act II as well, just to get it over with. Everyone agreed that this was a good idea, and those who were hungry just ate a granola bar on their five minute break.

In Act II, there was a bit of an issue in "The World Was Wide Enough," since the bullet choreography was complicated for both the bullet, Ariana, and the ensemble, but they worked through it. Daveed decides that it wasn't noticeable enough to work through.

This, of course, surprises everyone. A few weeks ago, Daveed would have flipped out.

It turns out that a good run through, and seemingly, a good talking-to from Lin, can help just about anyone.

After the rehearsal is over, everyone is turned free for a few hours before the cast dinner that is scheduled.

"Let's go to the beach!" Jazzy exclaims to Pippa.

"Don't get sunburnt," Daveed calls to them, overhearing Jazzy's excited outburst.

"Okay," Pippa laughs. "Easier said than done when you're as pale as I am."

Jazzy laughs. "I'll slather her with sunscreen, no worries."

"Good," Daveed replies. "Have fun and don't get eaten by sharks."

"Okay, you can shut up now, Daveed," Pippa laughs. "Let's go, Jazzy."

The two girls run back to their hotel rooms and put on swimsuits with sundresses overtop before meeting back in the lobby and heading out.

Jazzy has a whole bag full of toys, which Pippa finds amusing.

"What if I want to build a sandcastle?" Jazzy protests.

"Hey, whatever makes you happy," Pippa laughs.

Once they get to the beach, the girls pull off their dresses and set up their towels on the sand. Surprisingly, the beach isn't very crowded, which is nice.

Before they go in the water, the two girls take a selfie.

beachin with @jazzy_jones. we love sydney so far! any suggestions of what we should see while we are here? Pippa captions the photo, and posts it on Instagram.

"Let's go swim now!" Jazzy exclaims, grabbing Pippa's hand and barely giving her time to put her phone down before dragging her into the water.

"Cold!" Pippa squeals.

"No it's not!" Jazzy laughs. "Don't be a wimp, Pippa."

Pippa laughs, and with that, she runs all the way into the water and sends a big splash at Jazzy, completely soaking her.

"I hate you, Phillipa Soo!" Jazzy exclaims, sending a huge splash back. Pippa giggles as the water falls over her head and soaks her hair.

The girls spend a few hours swimming in the beautiful blue water, before they are getting tired, and know that they have to give their hair time to dry before the nice cast dinner tonight.

"Let's get shaved ice," Pippa suggests.

Jazzy agrees, so they head over to the stand that is selling it, and place their orders. Pippa gets cherry, and Jazzy gets creamsicle, then they go and sit back down on their blankets, taking in the beach. The mix of the saltwater that they can taste on their lips and the flavor of the shaved ice mixes perfectly, creating a wonderful beachy effect. Pippa smiles contently. She's with her best friend at the beach, and she's about to open her Broadway show at the Sydney Opera House in a few days. Could it get any better than this?