Chapter 118

Before the cast knew it, they only had one final show in Moscow. Some cast members were sad to be leaving, but they were all excited to be moving on to Sydney. Mostly, Pippa was just sad that she can't sing her beloved Great Comet songs in Russia anymore.

Everyone was excited to go to Sydney, though, because they were performing at the famous Sydney Opera House, and Lin's baby was due so soon. Pippa was in contact with Vanessa, and giving the cast updates about the baby.

Pippa: how are you feeling, nessa?

Vanessa: If trying to induce labor is an emotion, then that's how I'm feeling. I just want this child out of me.

Pippa: awe haha. hang in there, it will come soon enough. how does one even induce labor?

Vanessa: If I knew the answer to that, then I wouldn't be in this uncomfortable position right now!

Pippa: fair enough.

Vanessa: How's the tour coming?

Pippa: it's getting better. daveed seems to be laying it off a little bit, so if lin talked to him, then it must've worked. we all miss him, but i'm glad that he's able to be home with you. brett is doing fabulous with the role, but i don't think kaitlyn appreciates jazzy and me having to kiss him every night, haha.

Vanessa: Aw, they're so cute. Well, Pips, I think that I have to get to a doctor's appointment, but I'll talk to you later, alright?

Pippa: okay! i hope that all goes well at the doctor!

Pippa puts down her phone, and looks around the hotel room. It's an absolute mess, and most of the mess is Jazzy's, but some of it is hers. She figures that now might be a good time to start packing up so that she won't have to worry about packing early tomorrow morning.

Since Jazzy is off who-knows-where, doing who-knows-what, probably with Anthony, she decides to just turn on some music and start gathering her stuff. She decides on the Dear Evan Hansen soundtrack, which is a stupid move, because fifteen minutes into it, she realizes that she is crying.

I guess it does that to you, Pippa thinks. She sighs, and wipes her eyes, continuing the packing. It's sad for her to be leaving Moscow, but she will get to go to the beach next stop, almost every day before the shows, so she can't complain too much.

She's heard that the paparazzi in Australia are intense. She has never really had that bad of an encounter with paparazzi, but has been warned that she probably will in Australia. Back in New York, she typically doesn't get any press. She's not that big of a deal. They have been at the stage door before, but usually for Beyonce, and people like that, not the Broadway stars.

It was sort of annoying to her, actually, because it was like the press didn't even care about the show, or the cast, and only the fact that Katy Perry was there.

Being a relatively private person, the idea of being followed around with long lens cameras scared Pippa. She hoped that she would be with a group at all times, but since she was rooming by herself, (Jazzy was rooming with Anthony and all of her other friends had already made arrangements) it would be harder to stick with a group, probably. Oh well, she would find a way.

After she is done packing, it is time to go to the theater for one last show. She gets there a few minutes early to collect all of her things from her dressing room, and Lana is already there, but there is still no sign of Jazzy.

"Do you know where Jazzy is?" Lana asks Pippa.

"I was hoping you knew," Pippa admits. "I thought that she was off with Anthony somewhere, but I'm pretty sure that I just saw him in the hallway."

"Don't worry," Lana comforts Pippa. I'm sure that she will show up before the show."

Pippa knows that Lana is right. Jazzy would never miss a show if she could help it, especially after being off for a whole week.

The two girls sit down next to each other in front of their mirrors, and begin to do their hair and makeup, but by the time that they are done, they are at half hour, and there is still no sign of Jazzy.

Lana goes out to check the call board, but Jazzy hasn't signed in yet.

Pippa's brain floods with thoughts. Where could she be? Is she okay? What if she's hurt? What if she's lost? What if she doesn't come back?

She is so busy worrying that she barely get into costume in time. At five minutes to curtain, places are called, and Anthony runs into the girls' dressing room.

"Where is Jazzy?" he asked, in a panic.

"I don't know. Jessa's going on for her, but we are all terrified," Pippa replies, sympathetically to Anthony, who is a mess over the fact that his girl is gone.

"Well then," he says, taking a deep breath, "I guess we just have to go out there and do the show, and hope that she shows up during it. If not, we can go look for her after. It's okay, guys. We will find her."

Anthony says this more to comfort himself than the others.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

whoops i forgot to feed you guys again