Chapter 49

Chapter 49

They returned to the hotel that afternoon to get ready for the show. Pippa had to brush her hair out, which was all tangled from the park.

Jazzy was doing her makeup.

"So, what do you think about Lana?" Jazzy asked while she applied blush to her face. Pippa didn't risk answering, because she was putting on mascara. When she was done she set her makeup down.

"She seems like she's trying a lot harder, and I feel like she's making a lot of progress. She's definitely grown as a singer," Pippa commented.

"I agree- she was actually decent today. I was surprised. I could have actually treated her like a sister," Jazzy admitted.

Pippa carefully started to do her act one hair. "Wait, Jazzy, what's your favorite candy?" she asked. Jazzy frowned and stared at Pippa.

"That was random," she said. "But I like cookie dough Kit-Kats."

"Okay," Pippa said. She was struggling with her hair for some reason. Jazzy stood up and took Pippa's hair away from her.

"Why?"

"I don't know, I don't think I've ever asked you what your favorite candy was," Pippa said, watching in the mirror as Jazzy successfully completed Pippa's half up-half down hairstyle. "Thanks, Jazzy."

"Anything for you, Pippa," Jazzy said, returning to her own makeup and hair. Pippa then started to get her costume on, bracing herself for the endless breathlessness that came with the corset.

That was the one thing Pippa hated about being a Schuyler Sister. The corset.

"So do you have a crush, Pip?" Jazzy asked.

Pippa sighed. "I don't know."

"Do you want to talk about it?" Jazzy probed gently.

Pippa turned her bobby pin thoughtfully around in her fingers. "I don't usually talk about this kind of stuff with anyone, and I don't know if I want to be in a relationship again."

Jazzy's eyes were sad. "I won't push you, but if you need to talk about it, I'm here," she said.

"It's just difficult for me to be in a relationship with anyone," Pippa said. Her whole body felt heavy and sad, and she didn't know why.

"Pippa," Jazzy said softly.

A tear dripped down Pippa's cheek. "I'm just so afraid, Jazzy."

Jazzy hugged Pippa, and Pippa just let herself be comforted by her best friend. She buried her face in Jazzy's shoulder.

"It hurts me to see you cry, Pippa," Jazzy said.

"I don't want something bad to happen. It's stupid, I know, but relationships are just so complicated," Pippa mumbled.

"It's not stupid. There's a reason why you're scared, and if you want to tell me, it's okay. If you don't, I don't need to know. That's not what matters to me," Jazzy told her.

"In college, there was a guy that just dated me because he wanted things from me," Pippa said haltingly. "It's hard to separate myself from that."

"Oh, Pippa," Jazzy said, her heart breaking a little bit. "I'm sorry, love."

"I don't know what to believe anymore, Jazzy."

"If he's a good person, and if he treats you like you're the most precious thing in the world, then it's okay, Pippa," Jazzy said. "If what he cares about isn't you, as a person, then he doesn't deserve your heart. You're too good for that, your heart is too kind and too precious for someone to ruin it."

"But how do I know?"

"You'll know, Pippa. If you even have to question it, he's not the one. But you won't know if you don't give him a chance. So if your heart is telling you to try, then maybe it will be worth it. And if it's not, then I'll protect you. You never have to worry about anyone hurting you, because I'll always be there for you," Jazzy said.

"Is that what it feels like with Anthony?" Pippa asked, looking up at Jazzy.

"Yeah, yeah it does," Jazzy admitted.

"You and Anthony are so perfect together," Pippa told her, pulling away. She wiped her eyes and took a deep breath. "Thank you, Jazzy. That meant so much to me."

"Like I said, Pip, anything for you. Sisters before anyone else," Jazzy said, smiling.

"Places in five."

Jazzy quickly slipped on her white parchment dress and they walked down to the stage together.

"Our first show in the sweetest city in the world," Jazzy said to Pippa.

"True, though," Pippa agreed. She repeated 'the sweetest city in the world' while doing the Schuyler sisters melody.

"You're an adorable bean, Pip," Jazzy said, hugging her friend once more.

"And you're a goddess, Jaz," Pippa returned. "Love you."

"Aw, Pip, I love you too."

Then, the opening bars of 'Alexander Hamilton' sounded and the girls prepared to step onstage for their first show in Hershey, Pennsylvania.

"How does a bastard, orphan son of a whore

and a Scotsman dropped in the middle of a forgotten spot in the Caribbean..." 

------------------------------

hey everyone!

It's Abby here... so sorry that we haven't updated in a while!

I just wanted to throw out there that I'm super duper upset about Amelie closing on Sunday...
But in better news, the soundtrack comes out on Friday!

Are you guys excited for the soundtrack? Have you heard the samples on iTunes? If so, what's your favorite song from what you've heard? Mine is probably Stay, but they all sound so gooooodddd!!

Did anyone see it in LA or NYC? What was your favorite part? 

Comment!

love y'all!