Chapter 17

Carmen's POV

I throw myself onto a disgusting green chair and wait for the plane.

I can't believe this is really happening.

I was happy before she came back, now I just want to stay with Ashton.

I didn't even say bye to Tori.

How can she just come and force me to move out? What about school? Tori? Ashton? Did she ever take these things into consideration?

It's not fair! I thought the next time I would be on a plane was to NYC to meet someone after 10 years that his actions changed my life, but no, I'm on my way to a city that I don't know anything about!

I was finally somewhat comfortable being here. Ashton and I were going to go public. My grades weren't bad for someone that has to leave school a lot. It's an awesome time to be here right now and I'm being taken away.

A sharp pain stabs my stomach when our plane pulls up to the gate.

Well, let's look on the bright side, this might be good for me, like a fresh start. Hopefully, Ashton will still call and even if he doesn't, maybe it will be for the best.

"Boarding now for Melbourne." The annoying lady at the counter announces as we pick up our carry-ons.

Ashton's journal falls out of the bag and my heart feels at peace for once when I remember I still have it.

Picking it up, I turn to the 2nd page since I've already read the 1st one.

Today could not have been worse. Carmen came over and we smoked, well I did, she was a pussy.

I chuckle because he still makes fun of me for that sometimes.

I take my seat next to the window and continue reading. I'm so happy I have this. It might be the only Ashton I'll have left.

She saw my cuts as I was putting a stick out. She tried to comfort me, even showed me hers. I blew up on her, not because she tried to help, seeing her scars made me sick to my stomach and I didn't know how to deal. I don't want her in pain. Even though I just met her, I feel like we're suppose to be together. I feel something for her. I don't know what it is, but I like it. I care about her more than I'll ever be able to prove and the fact that she hates herself, tears me up inside.

My eyes are dripping with tears now. I'm so stupid. All this time I thought he hated me, but here he was caring. A little bit inside always knew he did.

I need to get off this plane now.

I look over at my mom putting her stuff under her seat. Good thing we aren't sitting in the same row.

"Ma'am, I need to get off." I quietly tell a flight attendant, so the crazy bitch doesn't hear.

"I'm sorry, we can't do that once the doors are closed." She sounds like a robot that bakes cookies on the weekends.

"Please, it's an emergency."

"What is it?" She's getting impatient with me.

"I'm on the wrong flight."

"We'll refund your ticket-"

"No, please! Just let me off!" I'm not gonna start a fight with this lady, but I can't let something small like this ruin Ashton and I's chance at a peaceful future of whatever we are.

"What's the real emergency?" She whispers while leaning into my face.

I have a feeling I can trust her, so might as well tell the truth. "I can't leave everything and move to Melbourne. I can't just drop my best friend and happiness because my mom said so."