Chapter 1

A/N I just reread my first chapter and oh my god this is terrible. Please keep reading. It gets better. XD

I'm finally starting my Junior year at Westcreek High School in Sydney, Australia.

I hate being here. I want to move to Chicago or New York or somewhere I can just get away from my family and classmates. There's only tourist here and everyone is old and grumpy.

I wish there were more people here because you can't escape anyone.

Carmen Wesley, a 17 year old girl that doesn't care about school or anything else. That's what this whole city thinks of me, that's what they'll always think and it's not true.

I care about my family when they aren't being total pushovers and being on my ass. I care about my one friend, Tori, who I'm surprise hasn't left yet. I care about the bands that will always be there and the thought of leaving one day to move to a town they actually will play at.

Everybody comes to Sydney and nobody stays.

This summer was spent in my room with my headphones in and trying to stay away from people as much as possible along with avoiding my ex boyfriend, David. We dated all sophomore year and broke up because apparently I'm "too hard to handle" when he was probably the most boring person in the whole town.

Really the only reason we ''dated'' was because I wanted my mom to think I wasn't a total loser and burnout.

I've always wanted a boyfriend that was into the same stuff as me, bands, tattoos, and you know, not fishing or hunting or whatever the fuck boys my age do. They all want a preppy blonde that will fill their ''needs'' whenever they are desperate, anyway.

Also this summer, I decided to save money from my shit job at the local corner store and buy the cheapest tickets and plane trip to an All Time Low concert a few over in America. It was the best feeling. I met so many people and it was amazing being in a place where you feel like people understand you.

Nobody understands me here except Tori, which is awesome, but even with her, I feel lonely sometimes.

School starts tomorrow and I'm actually kinda looking forward to it. Even though everyone there couldn't give two shits about me, at least I have something except being at my house and my mom yelling at me over the littlest and dumbest things.

All I wear is black skinny jeans with darker combat boots, sometimes converse, and a dark colored shirt. I never was a fan of color. I stick out at school like a sore thumb and I don't care. My clothes make me happy and of course makes my mom question where she went wrong.

I wash my face with lukewarm water that makes my redness stand out and leaves my face sticky. I stumble to my bed and its already midnight. I somehow always stay up late even before the first day of school.

I lay on my twin size mattress, staring at the ceiling, thinking of everything that could happen tomorrow.

What if I got lost?

What if Tori and I don't have the same lunch?

What if I make another enemy?

I drift off to sleep after a few more ''what ifs.''

I dreamt of my dad. My mom and him divorced when I was only 7. It was all the town could talk about for years. He left with a blonde named Sarah and her son to New York. I wish now I could've gone with them.

I was waiting at the bus stop and he stood with me. It was comforting having him hug me while I waited. He still smelled like the last time i hugged him, new wood with a hint of Old Spice. We didn't talk, it was probably more comforting than if we did. I miss my dad like crazy. I almost want to run away to New York. He probably wouldn't even recognize because it was 10 years ago.