Chapter 6

I saw this coming. I saw it from a mile away.

Ashton and Mackenzie are sitting on his bed and were having a full on make out session until I came in. While his Mom and I weren't home.

All the feeling in my hands and feet have vanished, my breaths are almost non-existent, and my mind is numb. I feel like I can't even walk fully into the room. Why am I so stunned? I don't like Ashton that way or any way for that matter.

Mackenzie looks just as surprised as I do, but I would say surprised is an understatement. I want to run over and pull her fake blonde extensions and tell her to stay the fuck away from Ashton.

Wait, why do I care?

"What the fuck?" Ashton says while trying to get off the bed.

"Yeah. What the fuck?" She tries to step in. She walks over and places her arms around his neck from behind. "Ashy...what is she doing here?" Leaving a small kiss on his cheek.

All the anger and frustration running through my veins makes the pain from the tattoo not exist anymore. This is mental pain. I feel betrayed, back stabbed, lonely, worthless, everything! I just want to scream! I want to run away to New York and never see this asshole again.

"Mackenzie, I think you should leave." He tells her and it catches me off guard.

"Fine. I have plenty of other guys waiting for me anyway." She leaves the room knocking my shoulder with hers and it doesn't even feel like she did. "See you at school, slut." She spits before the door closes.

"Why are you home already?" He questions while laying on the bed again like nothing happened. The word home makes me uncomfortable.

"This isn't home." I stumble with the words.

"It's all you have."

"How could you?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Cry in my shoulder about how fucking hard life is, I go and hang out with Tori for a few hours, and I come home to you sucking faces with her!"

"Why the fuck do you care?!" He jumps to his feet and for once I'm not scared of him. "Why the fuck do you give two shits about who I kiss? This is my room that you decide to take over like my home is just a hotel to you!"

"I've never been this hurt. I thought we could actually get along!"

"Get along?! We'll never get along. You're a worthless bitch that gets mad at me for the littlest things!"

"You're a worthless asshole that ruined my year already!"

"Oh no!" He mocks me. I look deep into his eyes.

"Are you drunk?"

"You're cute when you're smart." He hooks his arm around my waist and brings me closer to him.

"Let go of me!" I demand and wiggle from his grip. I back away and now we're on opposite sides of the room.

"What's wrong, babe? Am I not good enough for you?" His voice raises on the last question and I'm scared of him again.

"What? Ashton, what are you talking about?"

"Do you not want me or some shit?" I literally have no idea what's going on now.

"Ashton lay down and sleep." I unroll the covers and he instanly gets in. Drunk Ashton is literally a sexual toddler.

I sit on the edge of the bed next to him. "Please don't drink again."