Chapter 38

Oh my god, I can't believe this is happening. Of course there is a million and one things to talk and think about it, but so far...it's just wow. 

"Okay, Ash." I bolt into his room, waking him from his nap. I went back to school to finish my classes. 

"Hi, babe. How was school?" His sleepy little voice is so cute.

"Awesome. I made a list of things we should talk about." I plop down at the foot of the bed as he sits up to meet me.

"Okay, two things. One, talk about what? And when did you get so organized? Where's Carmen?"

"Talk about touring and stuff. Also, your Mom suggested that I get a planner and jot everything down. It's actually fun." It's so obvious he can't take me seriously right now.

"Alright, hit me with the questions. I'm ready."

"Okay! So, you have to fly out next week, but I still have school for an another three, so should I meet you in Los Angeles or...?"

"We'll figure it out." He lays back down.

"How long do you think we'll be in LA? I guess we'll be on the road, so that's not a question." I cross it out.

"Should I tell my mom? What if she makes me stay?"

"We'll figure it out."

"Actually, should I just dropout? -no that's not an option."

"Carmen, calm down." He sits back up.

"Do you think-"

"Carmen." 

I put my planner away. I don't know what's gotten into me. A few months ago, I wouldn't even be thinking about these things. You want me to go on tour with you? Okay, let's go now! Whatever happened to that Carmen?

He moves my hair and gives me a comforting kiss on my forehead. "Everything will work out."

Ugh there's so many things to discuss and he's blocking all of them. Of course the easiest solution would just be to stay, but I'm scared. What if he meets an exotic girl or whatever and leaves me. I'll automatically become "The-Secret-Girl-Back-Home." I won't see him for months and months. Weird, all of those sound easier.

Maybe I should just stay.

"Ashton, I don't think going with you is a good idea." I get up from the bed.

"What do you mean?" He meets me.

"I have so much going on. Finishing school, my mom-"

"Please Carmen."

"And you don't need your girlfriend going. You'll meet that 'special face in the crowd.' Ashton, it's for the best."

He plops down on the bed, obviously stunned by this conversation. "Where would you go?"

"I'd probably move in with my mom." Ugh.

"What does this mean for us?" It's silent for a while. That thought didn't cross my mind.

"I don't know." I try to choke back tears. "I can't sleep alone at night wondering if you're with someone else."

"I don't want to be with anyone else, Carmen. I just won't go."

"You're going. That's not an option." 

"Please come." He holds me in his arms and I realize I might not ever feel this again.

"I can't. I'm sorry." I can feel my tears on his shirt. "I have to stay."

A/N yep New Kid is coming to an end. I loved writing this book and I might make a sequel if enough people would read it :> The next chapter will probably be the last one or the next 2 idk yet. Thank you all for everything :) y'all truly made this book fun to keep around :} please like and leave lots of comments, I love reading them. :))))))