Chapter 13

It's so weird calling Ashton my boyfriend now because we told each other all the time we would never date, but I'm glad we are. It feels amazing not to have so much stress on my back and getting to kiss him is a bonus.

A very nice bonus.

This week has been one of the best in a long time and I don't even care it went by so fast. Ashton has been extra sweet and it's been relaxing it just being him and me. His Mom came back yesterday and we have yet to tell her about our relationship, we probably never will. Even though she has been nothing, but supportive and comforting, that's how all Moms are until their baby boy finds a girl. To be honest, I always had a feeling she wanted us together.

"You ready for school tomorrow?" I ask Ashton as he pulls his shirt over his head. His muscles flex and it's hard not to stare. The black and white ink on his skin and arms the size of logs bring more than butterflies to my stomach, it brings the whole zoo.

"Nope, but in a few months, we'll be in New York." He sits on the edge of the bed and pulls my hands to make me stand between his legs. I wrap my arms around his head while his rests on my waist. My fingers run through his hair and the brown strands are fluffier than usual.

"I can't wait." I pull away from his grip and crawl into my side of the bed as he lays on his.

"You sound excited." He teases while turning the lights off.

"I'm nervous."

"Why?" He lays right next to me like he's been waiting forever to. I don't think I'll ever be over the comfort of his warmth or the heaviness of his breath on my neck. The dark is both or our biggest fear, but when I'm with him, I'm not afraid.

"What if my dad doesn't want to see me again?"

"Don't be stupid. Why wouldn't he?"

"Because he left." It's silent for a minute and all I can hear are the crickets outside the window.

"Is that why you always tell me you'll never leave?"

"A little bit." His arm moves around my stomach to pull me closer to him as he leaves a quick peck on the back of my neck.

I'm actually terrified to see my dad. What if he freaks out and yells at me because he doesn't want to see me or him and Ashton get in a fight like in my dream.

I'm also scared that he'll want me to move in with him and I don't want to live somewhere without Ashton.

I fall asleep to the sound of Ashton's heartbeat and his strong arm resting on my hip. It's so crazy that a week ago, we were laying as far apart from each other as possible.

When I wake up, he's already up and eating breakfast. I go to the bathroom and take a look in the mirror. My stomach looks bigger than usual and my thighs are huge compared to some of the other girls at school. I step on the scale next to the toilet.

I'm 148.2 pounds. Maybe I should skip breakfast and just tell Ashton I'm not hungry. My stomach growls, but my mind immediately tells it to shut up.

I quickly get ready while he comes in the room already dressed and wanting to go.

"You didn't eat breakfast. Are you hungry? We can go by-"

"No, I'm fine." I cut him off while buttoning a flannel.

"Alright, lets go then." He knows something is wrong, but I don't want him to worry. At least he won't be known as the guy with the thick girlfriend.

We plop down in the car and turn the heater up because it's already starting to get cold.

"Do you think...that maybe...we could not tell people we're together?"