48: Start of Chaos

"Beifong Ro has decided to give up so the winner is Aburame Shino!" Genma announced towards the crowd who cheered loudly.

Shino looked at me wearily as we both go back into the stands. Both of us were covered in wounds and cuts on our bodies.

"Why did you throw the match for me? You could've won." Shino questioned with confusion.

"I like being genin, makes everyone think your weak," I chirped, "it's okay, there's always next time."

Shino nodded but still narrowed his eyes at me. I walked back up the stairs to be greeted by the obnoxious blonde who grabbed my shoulders then shook me back and fourth.

"Ro-Chan?! Why did you forfeit?! That was so lame! I can't believe you did that!" Naruto cried out, disappointed in me.

I scoffed, brushing his hands off me. "One word doesn't really define my power and there's always a next time Naruto." I pat his shoulder then walked back to my spot in the stands.

Gaara eyed me as I walked past him. We didn't speak any words but just gazed sharply at each other, wondering who would go down first. As I broke from his sea-foam eyes I could feel the grains of sand which were seeping from his gourd and following me. Pretending to not notice, the grains wrapped slowly around my arm, going up to my shoulder.

I flick out my fingers as the sand halts around my bicep. Then my hand lowers as the sand goes back down to the ground. I glance back at Gaara with a mellow stare before walking off.

That sand felt so...heavy and somehow... alive. I thought, remembering it's consistency.

As I look forward again I get greeted with a giant platypus-bear hug. Lucia wraps his arms around me tightly, lifting me off the ground.

"Why throw the match?" He chirped looking up at me from his grasp.

I just grinned. "Always a next time right?". He placed me back down and shrugged.

"Guess so—"

"You forfeit?!" Zuko comes stirringly with a disappointed look across his face.

An awkward smile grazed my lips. "Hey Zuko! Yeah I forfeited, but that's okay right? I mean, I'll just wait for the next exam!" I spoke with a squeamish tone with my hands behind my head.

"Zuko, don't be rash, this isn't Ro's fault–actually it kinda is but still! Don't be so–so mean about it!" I wasn't sure if Lucia was defending or not.

Zuko puffed his cheeks adorably then crossed his arms with the cutest or most irritated look I've ever seem from him. "Just don't back down next time, that honestly puts all you're training to shame y'know." He scoffs, still with an annoyed look.

"Shino deserves it more than I do, he should go home as a chuunin to his clan, I just think he doesn't get the appreciation he deserves since he's so quiet and serious," I nodded at my words them continued, "he's actually a pretty cool guy."

After we apologized to each other, the matches continued with the three of us watching in the stands. But I glanced over to the Sand Siblings slowly leaving the stadium. Narrowing my eyes, I nudged Lucia and Zuko. They both looked at me as I gestured towards the Sand Siblings who skeptically went pass the ANBU guarding.

"It's probably nothing," Lucia dismissively says.

Zuko shook his head. "Ro, you should follow your instincts," he looks as they vanish from sight,"seems pretty sketchy that they would leave so soon."

"I agree, I'm going to follow so you two stay here."

Lucia placed his hands on my shoulders. "Love please don't, what if something...happens?" He shows concern.