24: Sandy Sandy

"RO!" Sasuke's voice hollers as I leave the unconscious Zuko and Lucia by his doorstep.

Then I bolted away. Just straight on running back to my apartment with tiny boosts of earth to push me every now and them. But Sasuke's furious face continues to pop up in my mind as I smiled. Then added with a laugh.

Sasuke must be wondering how I got them unconscious. That was simple. I made them challenge each other in an eating competition but they both fell into a food coma. They probably need to train for 3 months to work off all the bellies they gained.

As I entered my apartment I dashed up to the bedroom and got a duffel bag from my closet.  It was swampy green and the stitches were covered with brown lines of fabric. So I stuffed 10 days worth of clothes along with some rocks for me to fidget with and my trusty meteor bracelet which I got from a vendor in town.

Afterwards I changed into my mission mode getup and adjusted buckles underneath my cloak-like top.

Then I felt a familiar presence enter the room. Without turning around I smile gently.

"You must be wondering what's up with me right?" then turn my head, "Sasuke?".

His eyes flickered to the bag I was packing then to my clothes. He hides his curiosity well.

"Tch, what did Kakashi-Sensei say to you?".

"Where is Zuko and Lucia?" I retort as we both go silent.

Sasuke was the first to answer. "I took them to my living room and one rests on the carpet while the other on the couch."

"It's...a mission." I say quietly while zipping my bag shut.

"If if requires you to pack your belongings that just means you'll be gone for more than a day," Sasuke figures while furrowing his brows. "What are you really up to?".

As I try to walk out the door obviously Sasuke stopped me. He gripped my shoulder then faced me, eye to eye. His onyx orbs bored into mine.

"You can't tell Zuko or Lucia," I grit. "Promise?".

"Promise." He chimes emotionlessly.

I sit on the edge of the bed as did Sasuke. The air was silent until I finally spoke up.

"Its an A-Rank mission," I started as Sasuke instantly reacted with his eyes slightly wide. "I need to travel to all five Nations to deliver a message."

Sasuke then went back to his calm composure and listened with his fingers intertwined and elbows resting on his knees. "I see...so you keep this secret so Zuko and Lucia won't worry?".

I nodded. "Oh and sorry about me and Lucia...its just too complicated right now." I say, remembering the times where Lucia went offensive.

Sasuke's lips thinned. "Do you have feelings for him?" He asks which surprised me. Sasuke's never really one for lovely questions.

But in all honesty it comforted me. It reminded me that Sasuke doesn't always have a cold demeanor. "Honestly...I don't know, so many things have occurred and relationships is something I don't want right now." I answered.

Sasuke bit his lip. "...really?" He asks.

I nod. "I don't think relationships is important right now," I turned my head. "Don't you think the same? Sasuke?".

"Hn..." He goes silent for a moment. "I guess so." He finally says while getting up. But for reasons he knew, Sasuke's heart clenched.

"Need to go, Zuko and Lucia are going to need an explanation." Sasuke puts his hand on my shoulder. "Just...don't die."