36: Exams...This is Bad!

"Zuko, I found this for you." I hold the red scarf out for him.

He takes it in his hands then looks at me confused. "Another...scarf?" He hesitantly asks holding it.

I smile. "Set it on fire."

Zuko blink while Lucia who was eating his lunch looked at me questionably. Lucia dropped the food in his chopsticks then raised a brow at me.

"What are you talking about? Why would I--" Zuko blurts.

"Just try." I cut in before he pressed any further.

Lucia pulls water from the faucet just in case as I crossed my arms waiting in suspense. Zuko holds out the scarf while my eyes widen.

He sets the scarf aflame in seconds but as he did the so flames suddenly diminished and simmered down to nothing but smoke. I smile then sigh in relief.

It worked.

Zuko's eyes slightly widen. "What--How?! Where did you get this?" His questions continue to get jumbled together. He holds the red scarf in surprise.

I giggle cheekily. "Girls like me...have their ways of getting things" I slyly replied.

Lucia raised a brow. Is it the same place where she got my shirt?

"You two should get ready for the Exam since it's later today." I add.

They both nodded.

I cracked my knuckles then neck. "I should study more...feels like I'll need it." I groaned then waddled towards the book pile near the coffee table in the living room.

When I sat on the carpet, I propped my elbows on the coffee table then resumed to open a book. Suddenly the water bender sat next to me.

I looked at him curiously. Lucia smiles.

"I'll need help with ninja history." He chirped holding the book with me.

I just nodded along as we read the book together. Lucia continues to skim the pages and read the words, hopefully memorizing them. I mentally laugh at his attempt hiding my joy.

...

2:37 PM

We ate some leftover food which Zuko made yesterday before leaving. I smirked at our outfits. Lucia wore the shirt I gave while Zuko wore the scarf.

"How pretty, you two actually wore the things I got." I complimented while opening the door.

"Got my water-skins filled along with some food in my pouch just in case. " Lucia announced tying his headband just under his ponytail.

Zuko adjusts his mask over his nose then smoothened the scarf from it's crinkles. "I just got some kunai and my small sword buckled to my back." Zuko adds while twirling a kunai between his fingers.

"Well I just brought a bag of chips and a couple of rocks which I found around the training grounds." I say while walking through the door with the two following me.

"Ready?" Lucia asks with his signature smile.

SASUKE

Naruto arrived just minutes after I did. He looked rather excited and I wasn't all that surprised. I just stoically cross my arms while waiting for our other teammate to arrive.

I found this team a nuisance, but still I care for them. How idiotic of me to care for such people, they'll just get in the way of my goal.

"Oh! Sakura-Chan!" Naruto cheers with his cheeks dusted pink.