40: Wind guides the Clouds

No words came out of my mouth as I just stood there in shock. Zuko backs away slowly from the shaking Nara.

"Shi...Shikamaru," I started slowly walking towards him. "This isn't what you thi--."

"Ro you have blood on your cheek, your hands, your feet." He scoffs with his eyes hardened, I looked down to my hands in surprise that I didn't even notice it. "I don't know what to think but that's just convincing me you...you killed these teams." He eyes the scrolls on the ground with disgust.

I looked at the heaven scroll I carried which had smears of blood over it.

"Shikamaru, listen to me..." I paused and stood just a few feet away from Shikamaru. "It wasn't us who killed them," he looks at the little flames on the plants and grass and shakes his head.

"It was sand ninja." He eyes the sand covered in blood but doesn't relax.

"How do I know you two didn't do it?" He asks. "Mercifully killing people who...who did nothing." He mumbles looking at us with disappointment.

"Shikamaru, believe me or not but our team can't never live with ourselves if we killed people." I truthfully state trying to sway him.

He looks at my desperate eyes which pleaded for trust. Then he just relaxes, with a sigh Ino and Choji emerged from the bushes.

"Thanks for trusting us." I said to him.

Shikamaru sighs. "I don't think I can yet," he looks at me from the corner of his eye. "Go and hopefully we can be on better terms next time."

I nodded then grabbed Zuko's hand. I boosted us up into the trees with a rock pillar then we race back to Lucia.

While we ran through the trees I wipe the blood off my hands and cheek but that sick feeling still stuck with me. Zuko noticed my sickened expression so he holds my hand reassuringly. 

His hand feels warm.

We catch up to see Lucia playing with water and throwing ice spears at trees with boredom. He spots us instantly and stands up instantaneously. 

"Got it?" He chirps, happy we're back. I nodded showing him the heaven scroll.

His expression turned disgusted. "Its uh... a little on the red side." He gags then shivered.

My eyes softened as I wiped off the blood then placed the scroll in my pouch. "Sorry, I didn't even notice," I rub my eyelids. "Its like I'm slowly losing it."

"Ro can you track down the tower?" Zuko begs as I stood firm on my feet.

I tool a deep breath the relaxed nodding my head. "Yeah, yeah I can." I breathed then placed my hand on the side of the tree.

Stomping my feet then using seismic-sense I was able to feel the vibrations from all around the area. For such a small looking forest this place had some killer creatures. Just twenty meters from here there was a giant centipede.

Then I felt a large scale structure just west from our current location. There was a team already walking inside the building so I assumed that this was the place.

Opening my eyes then releasing my hand from the tree trunk I turned to my team with a confident glance.

"Its west from here and not too far either." I explain jumping off the tree, landing roughly on the ground.

Lucia uses water to levitate himself down while Zuko used his sword to cling against the side of the tree then skid his way down.

After we all met up I lead them on. It was quarter way into the first day. We had lots of time to reach it and I could rush it if I wanted to.