38: Death Agreement

Anko Mitarashi. Quite the sadistic proctor but she seems to manage people with fear and haste. Her aura makes me shiver slightly. 

Team 13, we stand in front of training ground 44 known as the forest of death. Doesn't sound as bad as it comes but over 100 ninja are about to enter so people will most likely die. 

I stare at Gaara, people will die.

"Ro, we should get our agreement forms done so we can get a scroll," Lucia insisted placing a hand over my shoulder.  

"Hm? Oh...yeah, yeah I know." I snap out of my trance realizing that I was staring at the red-head then fixed my eyes on the ground.

Lucia frowned slightly seeing how hesitant and concerned I seemed. He leaned down towards me and lightly kissed my forehead. My cheeks dusted pink.

"Come on okay? Zuko's talking with that Shirkymano or something."

An irk mark appeared on my forehead slightly irritated by the one mistake. "Shikamaru, Lucia..it's Shikamaru." I corrected still feeling flustered by that small kiss.

He hummed. "I'm sorry, I'm not good with new names." He quickly apologizes then sighs pulling out the agreement form.

I pulled out mine and read the terms. One included that we won't sue Konoha or the proctors if we died and our bodies weren't found. Another said we agree even if we might get our limbs cut off by creatures in the grounds. Then there was the one that amused me that said there might still be traps from the last time this training ground was used.

"Wow," I playfully scoffed, putting down the agreement form. "This is basically agreeing to die within 5 days," I mumbled crazily, shaking my head at these terms.

Lucia nods. "This time I don't think I can hesitate with the...blood-bending can I?" His voice cracks once he wrenched out that word. "Our team might die if I hesitate right? So...I have to be strong about this." He nods to himself.

My lips pulled into a slight frown then I gently placed my hands over his shoulders. "Look at me Lucia," he raised his head to my eyes with tints of red across his cheeks.

"Don't push yourself, that just makes it more stressful for you." I comforted. "Plus I think you'll go into trauma if I let you do that." I joked.

"Just try not to die." I chirped then turned to see Zuko and Shikamaru.

"Zuko huh? I could've guessed that name but it would've been a drag." Shikamaru grumbles, rubbing the back of his neck.

I turned to Zuko. "So you told him huh?" I smile.

Zuko nodded. "It would be nice to have someone other than you two know my name." He mused, crossing his arms.

Shikamaru questioningly hums. "What? You never told anyone else? Troublesome..." He groans.

"You find everything troublesome--ah! wait, I want to introduce you to our other teammate!--" I yank Shikamaru's arm towards Lucia.

"Hold on! Ugh what a drag." Shikamaru fails to pry my arm off.

"Konichiwa Shikamaru, I'm Lucia, Stang Lucia." They both shake hands.

"Nara Shikamaru, I heard about you and R--"

"Shikamaru! We needed to fill the slips!" Ino's voice rang loud and clear.

Oh no Team 13 thought.

What timing Shikamaru thought.

Ino runs up to the four of us, panting for air while holding two agreement term slips.