28: Rejection

Am... I dying? I hear the sound of a beeping monitor. Flashes of light seep through my closed eyes. Nurses with panicked faces seem to be running at my side. I twitch my fingers then realize I'm on some bed or table.

Then I hear the sound of clashing door. The nurses place a mask over my nose and mouth.

The sound of banging was at my ears. "Let's me see her! Please!" That voice was obviously familiar to me.

'Lucia...' I barely thought as some gas in this mask started to make me feel fatigue. My eyes drooped as I'm barely able to keep awake.

"Please! I need to see her!" Lucia's voice yells from behind closed doors.

My eyes closed. 'At least he isn't hurt...' I exhale a breath as I fall under.

LUCIA

"Damnit!" I kick a can on the street, exclaiming from anger. People around me slowly back away at my violent display of behavior.

My emotions fumed with rage. At myself and at Toph. I angrily sit down on a bench and cross my arms.

'Why?' I thought, pinching the bridge of my nose and lowering my head. My eyes slowly water.

A hand touches my shoulder as I look to see a wisp of pink hair. "What do you want?" I croaked, keeping my voice steady.

Sakura sits next to me. "For you to stop blaming yourself." She calmly replies.

"But...I should've stepped in to save her." I mutter, sucking a breath through my clenched teeth.

Sakura placed a reassuring hand on my back. "They're doing the surgery right now...if it helps, she's getting more and more stable as we continue." Sakura chirps.

I nod. "Yeah...I guess that's good." I mutter, raising my head.

My eyes were red and dried tears were around my cheeks. I tried to blink away the excess tears around my eyes but it just made my vision more blurry. I wiped mt tears on my arm though it made my eyes turn puffy. Sakura stood up, pulling my arm.

"Let's get you cleaned up." She chimes while throwing my arm over her shoulder and patting my back.

I hung my head low as she dragged me back to the hospital. I didn't want people to look at my face. My face which held grief, sorrow and remorse. It isn't my proudest moment.

"Make me monster." Toph's words continued in my head. Her calling me a "monster." Was something I never thought I would forget. But wasn't it true? I killed my own parents out of pure accident and almost strangled my mother too. I wish I was born earth bender. Free from a blood bending curse.

"Blood-bending? What's that?" I didn't realize that said that last bit out loud until Sakura turns her head curiously to me.

My eyes slightly widen then I turn away. "It's something you shouldn't poke your nose into." I replied.

She just sighs and continues dragging me along. "You really are complicated y'know." She mutters pointlessly as I playfully scoff.

"It's a habit." I chuckle.

YUNA/TOPH

"I almost had it if that little b*tch didn't get in the way of my work." I scoffed to Deidara in the room.

He laughs. "That's because your so weak! Baka!" He playfully mocks as I send him a glare.

My fingers snap as the cement beneath Deidara encased his feet and ankles. He stutters without producing words at my display of strength. "Agh...hey! Yuna! Get me out of this rockhead!" Deidara yells angrily as Sasori entered to room.