Dear D

Dear D,

My love, I miss you.

I miss you more than moon does the sun. Every night I go through my social media, reading and viewing all your posts. But I don't like them, oh no I could never, it makes me seem desperate. I'll keep my supportive comments to myself as I wonder what could have been.

My love, I miss you.

I miss you more than father does the mother. Every day I see a jar of Nutella, savoring the hazelnut spread and feeling nostalgic, I think of you. But I don't text you, oh no I could never, it would make you ask me to play minecraft. I'll keep my nostalgia to myself as I wonder what would have been.

My love, I miss you.

I miss you more than desert does the rain. Every time I cry, hearing myself hiccup, begging myself to stop the salty tears from staining the bed, I think of our shared smiles. But I don't go back and look at our pictures together, oh no I could never, it would make me cry further as reminiscence becomes a longing to go home. I'll keep my tears to myself as I wonder what was to be.

My love, what's this?

We haven't spoken in so long as the carrier pigeons have gone extinct. There awaits that alluring notification that you are to come visit my area. If there is light to what could, would, and was to be, then I'm all buckled in. I'll drive miles just to see you my love, as I miss you more than drunk does the alcohol.

My love, what's this?

We haven't seen each other in so long as our prescription glasses have expired. There awaits that menacing bed we are to share for two nights. If there is hope to what can, will and is to be, then I'm already tucked in. I'll sleep countless hours just to be with you my love, as I miss you more than addict does the drug.

My love, what's this?

We haven't confided in each other in so long as our pandora boxes have been filled to the top. There awaits that frightening question of what has been of our lives. If there is an aperture to what should have been... then count me indifferent. I'll spout my dishonest words just to satisfy the rest of my stay with you my love, as I missed you more than captain does the sea.

My love, you were once my love.

Years apart did us wrong. You missed me more than student does the school... yet no student misses school as much as I missed you. Our time apart changed the spark that was known to make us inseparable. If there were cables to start up our love again, then expect me to never give my half of the battery. As we grew apart and we are no longer the twins by heart that we use to be, I'll remember you as the love you once were to me.

Because I missed you more than you did me.