LIX

Natsume stared at the endless sky, lying in a balcony at the Palace of Xue. A plate of delicacies and a cup of wine that is a hundred years old is at her right right side, lying there untouched. It's not because it didn't taste good, in fact it is very tasteful. It's just that she doesn't have an appetite today.

Last week, she had enjoyed these luxurious foods in the Xue palace. Eating to her content. After all, the way they cooked and flavored the foods here are different compared to the state of Ryuu. The foods there are not inferior, she just wants to taste this unique flavoring here. She's been calm after her outburst since she first came here.

That was because she believes that she will come out of here in less than five days. Didn't the imperial guards along with General Eiji followed after her? They have seen that she was kidnapped by Yuan Kang. How could they sit still?

Two weeks... It's been two weeks and Natsume didn't hear anything from them. How could she stay calm until now? How wrong she has been... That's why they said that being overconfident will only fail you.

Why are they still not rescuing her? Are they planning to abandon her? The Queen of Ryuu herself? Raiden... That's right, there is still her husband but how could he knows that she was kidnapped and brought to the Xue Palace. They could have lied to him.

All this time, it seems like the five generals didn't really like her. This troublesome woman who's only a newcomer. It's her fault that Raiden abandoned them in the battlefield, and has much more influence to her husband than them whose been with Raiden for years and fighting alongside with him. Furthermore, she also seized their power and glory.

Her influence and power in both court and military is equal to the king himself. No--she's more powerful than the king. After all, she's the one who convinced him to declare himself a king, the one who pushed him to unite all the states of Sang and crown her as an Empress, the reason why the state of Ryuu was almost eradicated.

If they informed Raiden now about her abduction. Wouldn't that be asking for a lose since he's obviously going to attack in full speed and force without a good plan. Their opponent is still Yuan Kang, this sly fox, ever since he ascended the throne, the thought of easily conquering the state Xue after they conquered Hoc became difficult .

Breaking in the Northern border is not that easy with Ping Shui guarding the side of Xue. If they attacked from Hoc, the morale of the soldiers there are not good if they're going to use the soldiers of Hoc, it's not that long since they have fully conquered it. The chances of treachery is great. Using the soldiers from Ryuu is also not a good idea, the number of soldiers is inadequate to attack the enemy state and sending a reinforcement from the Hui river is also difficult since the way there is also heavily guarded by the soldiers of Xue.

She understands that. It's just that wondering how long she can get out of here is making her crazy. Months? Or a year?

Natsume closed her eyes, feeling depressed over her ill-fated fortune of staying in an enemy's Palace for long time. As soon as she did, a figure crouched down beside her without her notice. He stared at her for a moment before deciding to speak.

"You've lost weight, you should eat more. Look at you, you're skin and bones"

Automatically opening her eyes with that voice, her eyes meet his brown ones. Staring at her with a frown. She abruptly stood up, backing away from him in three steps.

"Greetings to your Majesty"

She curtsied politely without bowing her head. This was to draw the line, to let him know that there's a line between them that can never be crossed.

"You don't have to be so formal with me, Natsume"

Calling her intimately with her first name is a threat itself.