IX

In my whole fourteen years of life, I've never been separated from my parents, I've never been so far away from my home. I guess this is how it feels to be homesick and depress, aside from my emotional feelings, problems from the states keep on raising and with the absence of Lord Ryuu, him being far away from his palace and has his attention focused on Keito. The problems are pressuring me.

But I don't know whether to keep my hands tied behind my back or letting myself handle the problems in the states.

The thing is, I have no permission from my husband and had gotten no words from him to involve myself in politics so that means that it's none of my business, but people keep on coming to the palace, high-ranking officials requested my presence, telling me their problems in the states and pressuring me to have a solution, an answer to their problems. Like they're expecting a lot from me since I'm now their Lord's wife.

And Lord General Izumi is adding to my problems, there are several reports against him in the capital state, the first one was when he got drunk in the capital, dressed like a normal citizen. He swings his sword in the air while in the crowd, injuring eight citizens but thankfully, no one died. The second one report was when he slept with three unmarried young noble women in just one day! The first woman was in the morning, the second one was in the afternoon, and the third one was at night. The Horrors!

It was like his eating schedule three times a day! His carnal incontinence appetite is incredulous!

According to the poor girls who lost their virginities to him, Lord General Izumi had tempted them to do it, he said that they'll marry them immediately after that, and they didn't even know that General Izumi had other girls before or after them, all they know is that he's from a powerful noble family. His looks and title are the things that seduce them. By God! I've never heard such a besmirching vulgarity in my whole life.

It was said that this was not the General's first time to have a scandalous report against him, 'it happened more often but he had never been penalized in his transgressions. He has a title of a Lord General and the scandals and transgressions he had done were all under Lord Ryuu's States to which he was serving loyally, thus his dirty hands were washed clean every time.

He's a General who's risking his life to protect the states and expand our territory. Besides, it's not like the girls are forced to sleep with him, they were seduced by him and they're all pretty little fools to believe the words that are coming from his attractive lips'--- That is what I've heard from the other officials but nevertheless of these reasons that I've heard from them, I still think that he should be penalized. A law is a law, no one should be an exemption, but it seems that the laws can only be applied to the commoners to chain them while the nobles hold the whips.

Truth be told, slavery is not so popular in Sang but they're slaves in a subtle way and as much as I want to penalized Lord General Izumi, I can't do it. It's not because 'I won't' I just 'can't'. He holds more power than me even though I'm Lord Ryuu's wife, since Lord Ryuu didn't given me enough power in the states.

And if my husband did give me power, I just can't imprison one of his generals, he'll be infuriated by it and that's like putting more oil into a flame.

It seems that my husband entrusted the states to General Izumi but the high-ranking officials wouldn't go ask for his advise or complain in front of him.

"It seems that you're in a very great trouble, milady"

Ayano came up beside me, offering me the paper and the ink that I ordered her to get.

I sighed heavily, rubbing my temples before getting the things from her hands. I walk to the round low table and sat on the cushioned seat.

"I'am going to send words to my husband, I don't know what to do anymore"

To Lord Raiden Ryuu;

How have you been, milord? I hope that you're doing fine and I trust that your campaign is going smoothly. I know that you can handle yourself on your own but being hurt in a battle is inevitable and god forbids, some lost their body parts but still alive, I prayed to the spirits that you'll come back unharmed and free of malice. As for your states, I hate to break this devastating news to you milord, but there has been several problems with it. Your friend and your Lord general had been... busy handling some things I couldn't fathom so I wonder if you could give him an advise perhaps?

I don't mean to be a nark in your perspective, but this case cannot be far more delayed, I'm afraid that a civil war might occur if it's not put into an action immediately.

Truly yours
Natsume Ryuu

I re-read my letter again. I sound like a very worried and caring wife? Aren't I?

A week after I send my letter, the situation got worse, and I haven't received a reply from his lordship.

Mayhap, the herald got a hard time passing the bridge to Keito, I heard that they're very strict there when entering and exiting the state because of the war going on.

But I thank the heavens, when I saw the herald that I send coming back.

He bowed before me, I was expecting him to hand a letter to me. But he didn't, my shoulder drop in disappointment.

"His lordship didn't write a reply to your missive, but he had conveyed his message to me"

Clearing his throat, he said "I gave you the sanction, to do whatever you see fit, regardless of the problems in the states"

Ayano and Risa gasped, and the rest of the servants who heard it have an incredulous expressions on their faces, they started whispering to each other. Either bad or good.

"That is what his lordship said, that even I-- thought that I misheard what he said but when I told him if I heard it right, I almost got fired out of my post"

"His lordship trust you with his whole heart, I hope that you will not take it for granted and turn into a tyrant Milady..."

The rest of his speech fades as I tried to comprehend what he said.

"I gave you the sanction, to do whatever you see fit, regardless of the problems in the states"

Those words echoes in my head

Women are not allowed to have power in the political states, even at the absence of their husband or father, this had never happened before.

He must be out of his mind when he said those words! Is he?

"This might cause a big fuss to most of the people as it is unusual and had never happened befo--"

I raised my hand to stop him from his blabbering.

"If someone complain about it, tell them that they can see me personally so that they can tell me their problems about me, talking behind my back wouldn't do any help--- and ah-- if my judgement and actions are unjustified, tell them that they can rally in the street to kick me out if they can. Convey my words to all the states under the regiment of Lord Ryuu"

"I shall do as you command, milady"

He bowed deeply as I sighed. Another huge problem.

©Editer