XVII

"Where is lord General Izumi?"

I asked the servant who passed by me in the hallway.

She stopped.

"I...."

She looks like she was hesitating to answer my question.

"I don't know, milady"

She said before she bowed.

"Wait--"

But she was already walking away from me with quick steps without looking back. I breathed heavily.

Why can't they just tell me? I've asked all the servants that I've ran with in the corridor but their answers are always the same and they quickly walk away from me before I could ask another question.

Same with Ayano and Risa, when I asked them, they said that they don't know without meeting my eyes.

What's the reason why they can't just tell me?

I'm just going to say sorry to him, It's not like I'm going to free him if ever he's in prison, or maybe I would but I'm not going to sneak him away, I will defend him to their accusations so he can be free. In a cleanest way possible.

I look out of the window from the corridor in the fifth storey of the castle and stared at the falling orange and brown leaves of trees

It's Autumn.

My eyes widen when I spotted Lord General Izumi, riding on his black mare horse on the way to the gates.

I can only see his back but I know that it's him, I can recognize his armor, the sword strap around his waist, and his short brown hair

I quickly ran to the stairs as fast as I can. I bump into a few servants who were looking at me with curiosity that clearly says 'why is the lady of the palace running and losing her gracefulness?' I muttered my apologies to them whenever I bump into a few servants.

I put my hands on my knees when I reached the ground floor, I'm still catching my breath when I ran again to the stables.

This is what I hate about this palace, it's too huge and wide.

"Give me a horse"

I said to the stable man.

"Milady, this is not a place for you"

"I said give me a horse"

I repeated again with emphasis and yet he just shook his head.

"Apologies but I can't give one to you, Lord Ryuu--"

"I said give me a damn horse. Right. Now!"

He got startled when I shouted at him but he still shook his head in refusal.

"I really am sorry, milady, but I can't--"

I walk in to the stables and untied a brown horse in one of the stalls that was first in the right column.

I don't need his permission

He was about to step in and stopped me when I glared at him that made him stopped in his track.

"Don't you dare stop me"

I firmly said and climbed up on the horse.

"But do you know how to ride a horse, milady?"

He said, glancing at my kimono with a frown, it was a good thing that I'm wearing a long wide skirt inside so it can still cover my legs even when i'am riding a horse without riding it sideways.