XLVIII

A distance growl that sounded like a beast and a bit of human reached the above ground, making the soldiers nearby who are still awake in the middle of the night, shiver.

Others thought that it was just the sound of the prisoners of war or a wolf from a distance.

The truth is that... It was a beast, a true beast that calls upon the night. His blood lust is thirsting him. Wanting to kill...

Right now, Ichiro Ryuu is kept underground, standing in trial that will decide his future. To live or be killed?

The potion that was given by the shaman didn't work too well for him, while it may weaken his demon soul for seven long years, a demon's blood lust cannot be controlled.

Silver chains are restraining his body from breaking out of the prison. If it was any ordinary silver chains, he could have escaped right away and kill that man.

Ichiro has a bad feeling about him the moment he met him, the servants told him that it is his father, the current reigning King of Ryuu and Hoc, Raiden Ryuu.

The first thing that came into his mind when their eyes met was the word 'run'. His demon soul wanted to brutally kill that man, but it was half-afraid of him, terrified even.

As if sensing the danger that was right in front of him. He groaned, and his appearance rapidly changed, the whiteness of his eyes are turning black, his golden orbs are turning red, his black veins protruded.

Aside from the door where the man stood, all of his escape route in his chamber was sealed with those yellow and red papers made by that nasty old hag shaman, and his mother conspired with her.

When the man took one step closer, Ichiro immediately back down at the corner most part of his room as fast as lightning. He sensed death that is being exuded by that man. His body is trembling in fear.

Seeing the reaction of his son when he saw him makes Raiden laugh. Ay, he's his son indeed. Look at those red eyes that looks terrifying, but those terrifying eyes are also terrified at the sight of him. So much for the first meeting.

He grinned at his son, opening his arms wide as if to welcome Ichiro's hug. He questioned

"Is that how you greet your father?"

Seeing the man's grin like a devil himself while asking that question, gives him goosebumps.

Ichiro has always been calm, but today, he can hardly stand in fear.

"What are you going to do with me?"

Raiden put down his arms, with a disappointed look, but his killing intent didn't cease.

"What am I going to do with you?"

He chuckled, slightly raising an eyebrow.

"What do you think?"

His voice is carrying a mocking tone. Throwing that question back at him is making him irritated.

"You can't kill me"

Ichiro knows that he has her mother's protection, if he has her mother at his side, this man wouldn't intentionally attacked his wife, who he painstakingly spoiled. Bringing the Hoc at her feet.

"I can't? Are you that assured?"

That question increased his anxieties. Why can't he kill him if his mother is not around? Right now, there is no servants around to report back to his mother what is going on. All of the servants in his residence were send out by Raiden.

"Of course I can't. If I don't want to experience my wife's wrath for the rest of my life"

He paused and a sly glint flashed in his eyes.

"But I believe that it is a father's duty to teach his son a lesson if he's a troublemaker. Someone as wild as a demon, such as yourself, should be disciplined. Don't you agree, Ichiro?"

He was sent to the Northern border to be tortured by his very own father, without Natsume's consent.

If his mother knew about him being tortured, she would kill her very own husband.

They said that women are weak, but mothers are strong. She will no doubt head to the Northern border and slashed Raiden a multiple times. What lies did he feed her up until now?

To keep their son safe from the Dark Cultists who are trying to harm him? What bullsh*t.

He's being harmed right under his father's watch in the Northern border. Right under his father's order to torture him.

Raiden Ryuu, who's responsible to this is at the tower, sitting on a cushioned seat and leisurely drinking a sake while watching the moon and stars from below.

"Are you going to kill him?"

Jing sat on the empty seat, two feet away from him, he reached for the cup of sake on the low table in front of him. Drinking it with one gulp and then pouring his cup again with another sake.

Raiden continues to look at the night sky.

"Depends"

He answered without throwing a look at him.

"Even if it means harboring the Queen's wrath?"

His eyebrows twitched a little and then he sighed. He had thought about it over and over again and his decision is final.

He doesn't want to harbor his wife's wrath but he can't risk her safety either. Even if he's the King, what can he do if millions of people demand to dispose of the queen? If an assassination attempt break out from every direction? Is the new United country going to be overthrown again by a mere child.

He's just a child but not an ordinary child. What child will go out and hunt an innocent civilians that are hunting or farming in the mountains? And he's doing it behind his mother's back and then faced her with an innocent face, keeping his hands clean in front of her.

He was only caught once by the queen and it was being orchestrated by Jing when he paid a visit to the palace.

The spirit knows if Ichiro also eats a human flesh. All of those reports about his son is making his head ache.

Yuan Kang and the Dark Cultists is making their moves against him. If it means to keep his wife safe, he will sacrifice Ichiro without thinking twice. They can try to make another child the next time around.

"Depends on what?"

"It depends on the results of his trial"

The trial of Ichiro is still going on. If he can control his blood lust and power, he will be send back to the queen, if not... he will be sentenced to death or be given to the Dark Cultists to stop them from attacking the queen. At this time, sacrifices are needed and the sacrificial lamb is his son.

"How long will his trail drags on? It's almost a month already"

Raiden also reached for a cup of sake and swigged.

"Two days from now..."

©Editer