XXXIX

"How about your declaration to become a king? Shouldn't we go back to Nagataka first?"

I asked him when we already arrived at Isoroku's house. His uncle has a hospitality to let us stay here for a while. Though, I'm sure that it's just for appearance. Lord Ryuu could have him kick out of the Ryuu clan if he didn't welcome him with open arms. After all, he's the head of their family. Whether he likes it or not, he must obey him.

Isoroku doesn't like our stay here, and it's written all over his face whenever I saw him.

"There's no need for a formal declaration, Everyone knew it already when I said it after the Xue state's attack. It spreads like a wild fire, the whole states of Sang knew. My men are already addressing me as 'your Majesty' Tsk. I'm still not quite fond of it"

We're sitting near the opened door, watching the Sakura trees outside at its full bloom after we visited the temple.

"You will get used to it someday. Should I start addressing you as 'your majesty' too?"

Now that he mentioned it, I also noticed that when we're travelling here. The soldiers and servants are also addressing me as 'your Majesty'.

"No, it sounds better if you call me by my name. My generals sometimes call me without honorifics when we're not in public places. You should too"

That didn't surprised me. They're like brothers who fought many wars with him.

"For how long is that war you're heading to?"

"Five or six years"

My heart dropped. Five or six years? That's too long. I won't be able to see him for five years. He won't be able to see his child be born, he won't see him grow, our child won't see him in that coming years.

"Why is it too long? Your wars usually last for one or two years before coming back"

"Natsume..."

He turned to me and held my hand.

"This is not my usual small wars against those warlords..."

"What do you mean?"

"The plan to attack the Kingdom of Hoc has already started. We're going to march in Keito and set sail at Hui river"

My eyes widden. They're already moving too fast. If I think about it, this is the best course of action. The Kingdom of Hoc will be caught off guard by our forces, they think that we won't be able to raise after the 170,000 soldiers of Xue attacked us. According to the spies of Lord Ryuu, the military might of the Xue is still stable even after sending those many soldiers to us, they're well prepared if Lord Ryuu declared a war against them.

"Five or six years is too short if you asked me. We're not just going to attack them, we need to completely conquer them in order for the Hoc to become a part of Ryuu territories. Rebels can be quite trouble some after conquering the Kingdom, they must be completely crushed"

Yul Feng must be overestimating Raiden and the generals's credentials in war, including himself.

"We're talking about a kingdom here and not just some states. I'm not saying that I can't conquer the whole kingdom of Hoc in those years, I'm confident with my skills. That's why you must wait in those years, I'll definitely bring the Kingdom of Hoc at your feet, Natsume"

Why does this scene seems overly familiar? I smiled bitterly at him. Imagining myself waiting for him in those long years. He's going away already but I think that's for the better. The sooner he left, the sooner he will come back to me.

"I already send words to the shaman, she'll arrive at the palace after two weeks. You will return in Nagataka after a week, if you can't travel then, you can stay here for as long as you like and the Shaman will go here instead. Just order an execution if someone is bitching you here whether it is Isoroku or his wife"

I laugh at him, execution is too much.

My husband won't be there for me in my hardest times. I knew it from the moment I married him, still... It hurts.

"As for the Ryuu's states, you don't have to worry about it. Izumi will handle it properly now, I already talked to him, but of course you're still recognized as the Queen of Ryuu, but considering your situation, you won't be able to rule for a while, you have to rest. Jing Bao will also be left here to defend our Northern border if the Xue attack us again"

That's good to hear. Izumi should handle the states seriously, he's the only one who can handle the States as a Ryuu, since Raiden doesn't have an heir at the moment. The last time that Raiden entrusted the states to him, he didn't take it seriously. He's not listening to the governor's complaints and created more troubles. That's why I ended up handling the Ryuu's states, which is unheard of. It's the first time in history of Sang for a woman to rule in her husband's stead.

"I will wait for your return... your child too"

He stood up, he's already wearing his armors. We stared at each other for a moment.

"Natsume... I'm still waiting too, you know?"

I look at him with confusion and he look at me with frustration.

"Don't you know how a wife send her husband to a war? there's a huge possibilities that you won't see me again"

I'm still confused. I may worry about him but I'm certain that he'll come back alive and in one piece.

Raiden took a step forward to me and leaned down. It was just a smack and yet my heart is over reacting.

"Mark this in your mind; A wife should kiss her husband first before sending him off, but since you didn't know. I've done it in your stead"

Ah... So that's what he's complaining about. He straightened up and turned his back from me, walking to a tree where he tied his black mare horse.

"Take good care of yourself and my daughter too"

He's already declaring his child's gender. Before he could send his horse running to the gate, I called out his name with a small voice.

"Raiden..."

It was unexpected that he suddenly halted. He turned at me.

"What is it?"

I opened my mouth to say it but nothing comes out, he stared at me expectantly for a long time. It wasn't easy to say, so I ask him instead.

"What do you want for dinner when you come home? I'll cook for you"

"I shall especially order my wife to be served"

He grinned and then chuckled when he saw my bewildered face.

"Until then, wait for me Natsume. I shall return home to you, victorious"

I raised both of my hands with my fisted right hand on my left palm.

"May the fortune be with you"

He did the same and that's when Raiden finally takes off. I stared at his fading figure while the Sakura tree's petals were falling into him. This scene is really familiar.

Five years huh? When he's finally out of my sight. I burst into tears. Five years is too long...

'Until then....until then..... Can you promise not to forget about me and the promise I made to you after four or five years have passed?'

When did I heard something like that in the past?

From here, the grammar will be horrible. I'm posting all the remaining chapters for those who can't wait for my snail update. Sorry, I've been really busy with school works these days.

©Editer