XIII

The governor closed and opened his mouth, don't know what to say.

"Milady... that is-- unfortunately--"

I clapped my hands together.

"Of course, governor. Their punishment must be done, yes? I didn't mean the term 'free' for freedom. What I mean is that free them from their cell"

He looked at me with a baffled expression as if I'm talking to him in a foreign language.

"Free them from their cell but not freedom, you say?"

"The eastern border near the sea is still unoccupied. Such a waste of natural resources if it cannot benefit our people. Don't you agree, governor?"

"But that place is far away from the other states, it's an isolated place--"

"Exactly why! It's a perfect place for them, let them civilized there. After all, they can find all they need there, the forest has more necessities to provide for them than they expected. They're not allowed to step to another places, aside from the eastern sea border for the next fifteen years"

"How about the pirates? They're everywhere in the sea nowadays"

"They attacked places where they can rob golds, silvers and expensive things. Do you think that a forest like place will attract them? Besides, we have guards in that border but maybe it's not enough to protect them. If that's the case then, we can add more guards. An approximate of fifteen years, they can be like any other states and deliver goods in the capital"

"Tsk. Nobles cannot be trusted easily, unless you put a sword on their necks"

I turned around to see whoever dares to say those words in my presence. Surprisingly, it was just a little boy, around seven years old.

In just a matter of seconds, the prisoners started talking like bees. Some were angry, throwing some things at us and even spiting, I quickly step back and hides behind General Izumi.

"Great. Now you're using me as a shield"

"That's your usefulness away"

Knowing lord General Izumi, being prideful and impatient that he is, when he got spitted and hitted. His reaction is predictable.

"Just f*cking kill them if they're not satisfied with their punishment!"

Of course, he'll go for a threat or maybe not just a threat but an actual statement.

With that said, the prisoners went silent.

"We're the one who's doing you a great favor and you're returning it with this? Sending all of you there is a drag and killing all of you here is a better option. How does it sounds?"

"I'll gave you an option. Be send there or be killed here?"

With an annoyed expression, the lord general turns back and muttered some curses.

"I better go. They're stinking, I'll vomit if I stay here any longer, we will settle this matters above ground"

He didn't wait for me to say anything, he walked out with a large quick steps while covering his mouth and nose.

How very responsible of him to left a lady unguarded with the prisoners.

I was left alone between the cells of the prisoners with the governor who seems to be jealous of the general from walking out of the underground prison.

"Milady--- ca--can I also--"

He motioned his hands "can I also go?"

I shrugged, "there's nothing left to say, so... But--" he didn't wait for me to finish my sentence and also walks out.

Great! I sighed

I glanced at the prisoners who are also looking at me with many different expressions, many of them now look thankful and some have a look of mistrust. I slightly smiled at the boy who's eying me with curiosity, his hands are holding the iron bars.

"Lady....can...can we also eat?"

I nodded

"Of course"

I said and also started to walk out of the prison

"Milady...Thank you"

I stopped in my track and look at the woman who's sitting in her cell. She's holding a crying baby, tears were gleaming in her eyes

I smiled at her "if you don't mind... Can I asked what's the name of your baby?"

She shook her head "he was just born the day before yesterday so we haven't think of his name yet, milady"

I walked near her cell and stared at the baby.

"He look so adorable..."

"You can name him"

I quickly look at the woman

"Can I?" She nodded

I stared at him for a minute, thinking of a name that will suit him.

"Takeshi..." I whispered

"I'am sure that he'll grow up and become a great fierce warrior because his name is Takeshi"

The baby who's now named Takeshi, holds my finger that was touching his face.

"Takeshi... that's a great name, milady"

"Change his name"

It was the boy who said that nobles cannot be trusted that causes the prisoners to spit at us.

"Why?"

"That's my first name so change his name"

"Takeshi is a great name, the both of you will be a very great warriors in the future"

"Tsk. Words are just words"

The woman hissed at him.

"Mind your manners, boy.."

"Why would I? I'am a peasant so I don't have manners, mannerisms are for the noble pigs"

The woman ignored him and turns back at me.

"You haven't had a baby, milady?"

"No...I... I just got married with his lordship"

"Oh... I'll pray for the blessings that will come to you soon"

I smiled at her "thank you..."

I turn my back again to walk out "I will send my son to you when he turns five summers old to train and become a great warrior to loyally serve and defend Lord Ryuu's states"

I glance at her.

"I will look forward to that"

"Milady!! I want to loyally serve to you too!!"

The other boys in the cell shouted

I didn't stop walking, the corners of my mouth tugged up in a smile at their enthusiasm.

©Editer