XL

Natsume didn't travel back to Nagataka, she feels sick, growing more weaker and weaker at each passing day that sometimes she wondered if she will have her child soon. Ignoring the fact that pregnancy usually last for nine months.

She shivered, remembering that old woman who came to visit her a fortnight ago. All the hairs at her nape stood up. It was not in her nature to judge one's person's appearance but to be honest, it took her a lot of courage to plant her feet steadily on the floor. The old woman look hideous, not entirely because of her wrinkling face and hunched back. There's something else on her skin too, red and black small spots are all over her body.

The old hag came to her unannounced and trespassed her room in the middle of the night. She knocked on her window, alarming her. Natsume almost called out for guards.

"Don't overreact child, it's just me. The shaman who was summoned by Lord Ryuu"

It is still a mystery to her why Raiden has a connection to this shaman. Shamans cannot be called easily, people seek them out, it is not in the shaman's nature to go to a person's place who is in need of help, they must personally go to the shaman's temple. Could it be that this shaman is the one who told him the prophecy that he will not live for long?

The old woman arrived a week after Lord Ryuu march from South Valley to Keito. She didn't stayed for long, she just handed Natsume a potion. Although there's a lot of questions that Natsume wants to ask her, she knew that there are some things where she's not allowed to meddle with. She only asked the most important thing for now.

"Will this potion help?"

She gives Natsume a toothless smile.

"Of course"

Her left eye is squinted, tattered clothes with black cloak. She doesn't look like a priestess (shaman), more like a beggar.

"That potion... will help you go through a normal pregnancy. You will deliver your child in nine months, it can also weaken your child's demon soul"

"What does that mean?"

"It means, that your child who is both blessing and a curse to Lord Ryuu and you, will have a weak body in order to remain human for a little while longer. I don't know when will the potion be wear off of him but once it did, his last remaining humanity will be lost forever"

Natsume gulped, she imagined if that time comes. Will her husband brought his sword upon their child to pierce right through his heart?

"An estimated of seven summers old, before its soul regain strength. This is just my prediction"

Seven years is a long time. It will be fine, right?

"Won't it effect my health?"

"Oh it will greatly effect you the most. Your energy will be drained a lot more than before, you will constantly be sicked and had nightmares. Hallucinations will also occur in your eight and ninth month. Your child will attract more bad things in those times before you even give birth to Lord Ryuu's child. I wouldn't say that it is Hallucinations in particular. They're true, my queen"

"they're" true? Natsume doesn't know what is she referring to.

"I'm certain that they won't hurt you, they're just going to pay a visit to you every now and then. You will also have nightmares... Most of it will come true. Most of it"

Her encounter with the shaman was eerie. Not only her appearance bothered Natsume, the shaman has a dark aura and to add with it, she's scared of her words.

Trusting the old shaman is hard for her, if this shaman was not send by Raiden, she's just going to drive her away. Who knows what the potion will do to her? It may be a poison, or a potion to miscarriage.