Chapter 27 : Apology

Dylan was like a dead man. He did not get out of his room or even move from where he was.

------------

Damon curled in the sofa. He remembered the day Dylan slept here, in the comforter. He was not sure how he felt when he woke up, not when they have left quickly with barely any words.

Damon felt his eyes well up. He heard Zenon call Dylan's home- house. This is Dylan's home.

"Uncle will you listen to me for a second," started Zenon. It must be Eliza.

"See Zenon, I have never seen Dylan so broken. He is yet to say a word and we all live in a world where we have access to media. Now, I don't know how this all came to be but I don't want to see you both here now," said Eliza. Damon heard it too.

Zenon looked at Damon. Even though he was sitting silent, Zenon knew that he was breaking inside. They were blind. How could they have been so blind is beyond him!

The project was a path-breaking one. The port ownership will make them invincible. The high of it had been riding them and they had not seen what was happening. There was also the added invincible feeling of doing it together.

But what was the point in being invincible if they don't have Dylan? It was all meant for Dylan, their Dylan.

Zenon sat down next to Damon who rested his head on his shoulder.

"Will this pass? Will he come back?" asked Damon.

"Yes, he is ours. He will come back," said Zenon.
----------------

Both did not sleep that night. They had an after party of the port deal to attend next day, but they were sure that they aren't going. Dylan was supposed to be their date.

----------------

"Dylan is going to be there. I insisted, so he would come," said Almero.

Both looked at him in disbelief.

"I know my kid brother. He is overprotective. You would never get past him enough to apologise," said Almero.

"He will definitely come," said Almero.

Both dressed up and it was clear that the last day had taken a toll on them.

-----------------------

Dylan knew they would be there. He was not sure if he wanted to see him. He knew he will never measure up to them and he loved them both. Seeing them happy would make him happy, even if it was without him.

-----------------------

The media was bustling outside the party venue and they pushed mikes at Damon and Zenon.

"Sir is it true that you are now just a couple?"

"Sir are you happy with the change?"

"Oh, ecstatic if you can't see, now get your fucking mikes out of my face," snapped Damon, furiously, his face looked harassed.

"If you are not glad about the damages you have already done, go find someone else's life to ruin!" snapped Damon and then he saw Dylan was behind them. And he heard all the statements. He just hoped Dylan did not misinterpret his first statement.

Zenon has already punched the reporter, his arm protectively around Damon. Zenon saw Dylan and then before either of them could say anything to Dylan, he was hogged by media.

Eliza firmly batted off anyone who tried to be in the way. Caleb came running to them. Zenon picked him up.

"Missed you," said Caleb whining as he picked at Damon's coat. Damon sighed and pecked on Caleb's hair as they walked in.