Chapter 23: Misunderstandings III

Zenon rushed home and saw Dylan was highly feverish. He should have known, Dyl had been looking ill for a couple of days now.

"I will call a doctor," said Zenon.

"No, I am good. It is just the climate. Where is Sir Damon?  I need to see his award now," said Dylan sitting up.

Zenon sighed.

"Damon is not coming home tonight," said Zenon.

"Why? But-"

"He is staying with Emre," said Zenon.

"Tell me what he said," said Dylan after a long silence and Zenon told him verbatim.

Dylan did not say anything after that. He curled himself in the bed and did not move.

Zenon went to the office and sat back in his chair, not knowing what to do for the first time in his life. He hoped Damon was okay.

------------------------

Damon was so pissed of at Dylan and Zenon. He drank a few shots at Emre's. It was the room they used to have sex in. He had been angry and shouted bullshit at Zenon. He remembered Zenon saying Dylan was not well.

Fuck Dylan. He must have been lying. Damon doesn't give a shit if he is not well or even if he ends up dying of it!  Damon felt a teardrop slide down his eyes as he thought that. That was the biggest lie of his life and he was telling it to himself. Of course, he would die if something happened to his angel. He felt like he was a horrible person for even thinking that thought.

He made sure that Emre did not see his tears. It was way too personal. 

"Why did you not hand away our room? " asked Emre.

"What? Yeah, I forgot about it," said Damon, which was the honest truth. He did forget about it completely.

"No, you are lying. Damon, I know you want me. It is okay to admit you know even though you are married. I knew it all along. I told your bitch that you would always choose me," said Emre coming closer to him and kissing him.

Even as drunk, as he was Damon felt the need to puke, not because of the drinks but for the fact that he had dismissed all the warnings from his husbands' part and called them petty. They were right. He pushed Emre away.

He grabbed Emre by his neck.

"What did you tell Dylan?" asked Dylan.

"I told him you would come back to me because he doesn't deserve you," said Emre choking.

"Damon-"

"Don't touch me Emre and vacate this room ASAP," said Damon as he got up from the bed he was sitting as they drank.

"Damon"

"How dare you? You fucking cunt. You destroyed the most beautiful day I and my husbands were supposed to have," said Damon and stormed out shrugging his coat on as he left.

He just hoped that his men would forgive him. But there was a little bit of anger down there because he felt like he was teamed up on as Zenon took Dylan's side. But then again, Dylan was right and Zenon rightfully agreed with him. He can understand.

He would never be able to forgive himself if Dylan was indeed unwell. Damon cursed himself. However, there was this niggling feeling of sadness that he may be left out, that they would be asleep hugging each other and that his absence might not matter. But that doesn't matter. He will hold on till the day they will have him. Damon felt himself break into tears as he thought that. He reached home and was surprised to see the garden lit with lights. There were balloons everywhere and there was a huge cake which was closed from the top.

God this was worse than all the wildest thoughts Damon had. He saw a big Congratulatory cake made with butterscotch. He saw his favourite liquor and he looked at the guards. His home looked like someone died.

"Who- How?," Damon was struggling to find the words.

"Sir Dylan made it for you, boss before you all left for the ceremony," said Pearl.

"Where is Dyl?" asked Damon.

"Sir Dylan is not well. He has a fever and is in your room," said Galiel.

"What?" asked Damon as he ran in. He felt like he was in his lives most horrible chapter now.

He saw Dylan who was curled in the bed, a blanket around him.

Damon rushed to his side.

"Love," Damon touched him.

Dylan looked up at him. He shrugged off the hand. He was hallucinating. All kind of images were going on in front of his face. It looked like Damon was in front of him. But, Damon was supposed to be at Emre's and his old hotel room or flat or something.

Damon felt like he was slapped as he looked at Dylan's frenzied eyes.

Dylan's body boiled.

He pulled the blanket tighter around Dylan and rushed out looking for Zenon. He saw the light in the office room. Zenon sat leaning against his chair. The whiskey bottle lay open. Damon stepped in.

"Why? Didnt he wants to put out for you or did you get cold feet?" asked Zenon, not looking up.

Damon closed the bottle and kept it back in the shelf and got to Zenon.

"He tried to kiss me again. Trust me, I thought he was being himself. He had been a flirty person all along. I- He seems to have said something to Dylan. I- I thought Dyl was overreacting. Okay. I am sorry. I am so sorry. Why is Dyl burning up like fire? What the fuck are you doing in here when he is hallucinating in there?" asked Damon.

Zenon got up.

"I couldn't see him suffer like that. I have called a doctor though he refused. I- He was silent after I told him you were not coming home," said Zenon.

Damon hugged Zenon who held him.

"Omg, I- How do I even make it up to him or you. I am sorry for not trusting your words. I should have listened to you," said Damon.

"It is okay. I wish your special day went a little better Damon," said Zenon and kissed on his forehead and wiped his eyes.

"Are you crying now. Dylan would kill himself if he saw you crying and I- I don't like seeing you cry either sweetheart," said Zenon.

Being called that brought a fresh set of tears to his eyes but Damon wiped the tears away and sighed. They both got to their bedroom and saw Dylan was shivering.

Both sat on both his sides and the doctor came. She checked Dylan and then gave him an injection. She also gave him a drip.

"It is the climate and he gets feverish at the beginning of every winter from his records," said the doctor. 

"Anyway bring him to the hospital for a more detailed checkup tomorrow," said the doctor and left in an hour.

Both men freshened up and then laid down on both his sides and held him closer.

-----------------------------------------

HAHAHA, SO, Whatsup GUYS. The Misunderstandings are done with. But we are not done with angst. However, the next chapter is going to be pure fluff!