Chapter 16: A Peace Treaty

Damon growled as he sat up unable to sleep. Zenon was silent.

"What does he want? He has everything here. Money, Power, everything under the sky is here. What the fuck does he want now?" asked Damon.

"Peace," said Zenon.

"I can't stop fighting with you," said Damon stubbornly.

"Are you a child?" asked Zenon.

Damon just glared at him.

"Okay, now you are making me feel like a paedophile for marrying you," said Zenon.

Damon slammed the pillow on him and got up.

"Not helping your side," said Zenon snorting.

"And, get out and let me sleep if you want to be a pest," said Zenon.

"And Dylan can't blame me now when I kill you," said Damon as he grabbed the quilt and laid back on the bed.

----------------------------

Dylan made breakfast the next day. They had it in silence.

"I am going to the town- " started Dylan.

"You are going nowhere. You are just recovering. You shouldn't have gotten into the kitchen in the first place," said Zenon.

"But-" started Dylan.

"No," said Damon firmly and Dylan scowled but did not argue.

------------------------

Zenon looked at Damon.

"Call your mom, he needs some company," said Zenon.

Damon sighed and nodded.

"I need to apologise to my godmother too. It is all because of you," said Damon.

"Oh, not because you are a selfish brat?" asked Zenon.

"That is rich, coming from you," said Damon and pushed Zenon.

All guards gasped. If it was an outsider, they would be dead by now.

-------------------------

Damon apologised to Candice who just hugged him and kissed him on his forehead. He told her everything that happened. All for of his parental figures were appalled that he failed to let them know of Dylan's condition. They soon left to see him.

He sighed. He knew they were keeping the distance to let them settle a bit. He wondered if Almero knew!

Zenon will have a lot of explaining to do if he keeps it from his dad for sure. Damon smirked and sent a message to Almero informing him of what happened.

Five minutes later, he got Zenon's call.

Damon happily ignored it.

--------------------------------

Zenon was going to rip apart Damon. He can't believe his dad can shout so much. He literally shouted for five whole minutes and Zenon had cut the call and sent him a message saying Dylan was good now only to be shouted at in the texts.

Whatever happened to his former mafia boss dad who was as subtle as they come, back in his best years.

--------------------------------

Dylan looked like an over pampered guy when they reached home that night.

"When did mom leave?" asked Damon.

"An hour before. All five of them left an hour before," said Dylan sighing.

Zenon snorted.

"It was not funny," said Dylan, groaning.