Chapter 17: A Dinner

Two hours before the dinner Daniel and the kids were home. Caleb was running around the garden and little Hec was on a blanket in the lawn. Daniel was talking to the guards who were all scared of him and Eliza.

----------------------

Almero reached soon after. While Eliza was still not talking to his brother, Daniel couldn't stay cold to his best friend and they were deep in conversation. They got an additional hand in kitchen when Melissa arrived. With Katie, Keiran, Aleo and his other half, the house was becoming lively.

Dylan kept glancing at the clock.

"Candice will worry about bringing Damon on time. Don't worry about it. And Zenon is always on time," said Melissa fondly.

Dylan nodded.

The fire was yet to be started. And time was already five. He wanted Zenon and Damon to start the fire. He hoped they would be on time to do that.

Abernathy and Richard also reached and there was now a circle of men in the garden where his  Dad, Papa and father- in- laws sat. Mom was talking to Keiran and Aleo and his partner.

Katie was helping him with the food now. Caleb was safely tucked into Almero's shoulder, now sound asleep.

Hector was also asleep and he was now in their bedroom in a makeshift cradle. He liked the swinging of the cradle even now.

----------------

Damon reached first. Dylan went up with him. Candice joined the family outside.

"He is not here yet?" asked Damon as they reached their bedroom.

"No, maybe I should call him and see?" said Dylan.

"Yeah, I will freshen up and be down- oh, do we have a house mate?" asked Damon seeing Hector asleep.

"Yeah, he had been fussing all evening. Slept an hour before," said Dylan fondly.

"He is so much like your dad," said Damon, smirking, as he moved around the room a bit more carefully.

"Don't let him hear that," said Dylan rolling his eyes.

"Where is Caleb?" asked Damon as he went into the bath.

"In the drawing room. He will be scared if he wakes up alone," said Dylan.

-------------

Zenon got late because of an unexpected attack. But he was fine. He rushed back. He gave a nod to everyone in the garden and rushed in and saw Dylan was calling.

"Dylan," Zenon called from downstairs as he went up.

Dylan got out of the bedroom and sighed in relief seeing him and got to him.

"You look like you just got out of trouble," said Dylan worrying his lips.

"Do I?" asked Zenon.

"You definitely do. What happened? " asked Damon who looked fresh out of the bath as he came out of the room.

"The matrix caught up with us for a bit, All is well. Dylan, is everything ready?" he asked as he went in.

"Careful, the youngest brother- in-law is asleep," said Damon as they both followed him inside.

"He walks like a ghost anyway," said Damon as an afterthought making Dylan scowl at him. Damon raised his arms defensively.

Once they both were ready, in casuals, all three went down. Zenon started the grill and Damon helped with the fire.