Chapter 22: Misunderstandings II

Damon smiled as he looked at both men dressed to accompany him. He was happy. But he was also sad that things did not go the way he thought it will. This was supposed to be a surprise for the two of them. And he couldn't get over the fact that they did not seem that happy or eager about his achievement at first.

"Is Emre going to be there?" asked Dylan.

"Yes, he got an invite," said Damon.

"And what have you got against him. I know he is a bit of an idiot but he has been like that always. He will keep the distance. He is my friend. Don't be that hostile to him," said Damon.

"I don't think his intentions are good. All touchy-feely with you. You didn't seem to object much," said Dylan.

"God, he was right. You are so simple minded Dylan," said Damon irritated.

"Don't talk to him like that," said Zenon who heard this as he walked in.

"Oh, you are on his side are you! What about him insinuating that I am okay with straying? That is fine? Just because Dylan is clingy doesn't mean I will stop seeing my friends," said Damon furious and walked out.

Dylan was silent.

"Dylan-"

"It is okay. He is nervous about the function I guess," said Dylan and followed Damon without letting Zenon say anything.

They were all silent as they reached the venue. Emre seemed pleased with himself seeing all three of their faces.

The event was different as the party happened pre-event and then the winner is announced. This is to relax everyone and make it more friendly. Damon and Zenon were soon roped in on business conversations.

Dylan knew no one here other than that shithead Emre. He felt like he was left alone. He sat in a corner, wishing he could go home and they three could celebrate the award personally. He had so many beautiful plans for Damon and maybe his anger will also be gone by then.

Someone cleared their throat and Dylan looked up. A super handsome guy stood near him.

"How can I help you?" asked Dylan.

"How about a beautiful dance from your beautiful self and maybe something later this night?" the guy propositioned and Dylan was amused and he even blushed a bit. No one has proposed him like that ever.

"No, thanks," said Dylan.

The guy looked shocked.

"Sorry, I thought I heard a no now," said Taylor.

"Yes, you heard right Mr-?

Taylor looked even more shocked now.

"You are kidding, right? You don't know my name? Whoa," the guy said.

Dylan rolled his eyes.

"Should I know your name? ," asked Dylan.

"Please, you are that kind are you, wanting handsome rich guys behind you," asked the man.

"See, I agree you are handsome but don't kid yourself into thinking that you are the most handsome guy I have ever met and that attitude sure makes all the handsomeness go to waste," said Dylan irritated. He wished one of husbands would just get back.

"I am Taylor Morgan and Who the hell are you? " asked Taylor and bent down. "Maybe I can change your mind," he said and kissed Dylan. Dylan was frozen and too shocked at first to respond. It was not a bad kiss but he definitely did not want that kiss. He felt dirty and pushed the guy away.

"Whoa, who are you? No one says no to me after I kiss them," said Taylor.

"Dylan Knight Arcari," said Dylan and the guy gaped like a fish.

"You are the Dylan Knight Arcari. God, am I seeing you in flesh," said Tyler completely in awe of him.

"No wonder you had a row of admirers looking at you. You are the magic that saves lives," said Tyler.

"What lives?" asked Dylan thoroughly confused.

"Wow, you don't even know. Your husbands are not saints. They are the most dreaded men around. Do you how many people will have to thank you for their lives. After you came into their lives, Malone is much more peaceful if you haven't noticed," said Taylor. Dylan was stupefied to say anything and then finally said, "It's not just me if some change happened. We are a trio. It's all of us," said Dylan.

"How can I help you Morgan?" asked Damon as he came around and placed a possessive arm around Dylan who sighed in relief and was extremely happy.

"We were just talking," said Taylor.

"Okay, see, If you try to put your lips anywhere near my husband ever again, I will personally chop you and freeze you," said Damon.

Taylor sighed.

"I get it okay, I am sorry Dylan," said Taylor.

Dylan just nodded. Taylor left. Damon looked at him.

"Why are you sitting alone? Where did Sir Zenon fuck off to?" asked Damon.

"I am not a child to be chaperoned," said Dylan irritated.

"Sure, you only got kissed by a random guy," said Damon.

"Says you," said Dylan.

"Wow, Double standards," snapped Damon and then Emre came around.

"They are asking for you Damon, come on," said Emre pointing to a crowd of extremely posh looking people and Damon groaned but followed him without saying anything to Dylan, letting Emre hold his arm and grab him away.

He sat in the corner as Zenon got back.

"Hey what has got your face like that?" asked Zenon and then he saw where Dyl was looking.

"Damon is ours. Nothing else matters," said Zenon.

Dylan blushed.

Then Emre asked Damon to dance.

"Go on, indulge the lovely young man," smiled one of the guys around him and they all encouraged. Damon smirked as he danced with Emre. He couldn't wait to leave now. This was not turning out to be the night he hoped for.

Dylan vomited onto the bushes. He was not feeling well at all. He and Zenon did come in to see Emre trying to peck Damon who moved away.

Dylan felt himself going tearful. 

"You should go home and rest. You also have a fever," said Zenon.

"But- 

"I will tell Damon and we will follow you soon. Go on," said Zenon and got him into their car and sent him home.

He came in and Damon approached him.

"Where is Dyl?" asked Damon.

" He is not well, so I sent him home," said Zenon.

"I bet, he just made an excuse and left. I don't even understand this shit! Maybe Emre was telling the truth about him. He is way too simple-minded to handle all this," said Damon, spitting his words.

"Oh, is that so Damon? You don't think he has a point in his concerns over Emre when that guy had been practically all over you today" asked Zenon and shook his head.

"That is how we are. He is my friend," said Damon.

"And you were not married then," said Zenon calmly.

"Fuck you both, I am going to go and stay with Emre today. I can't deal with you both now and think whatever you want, that I have my cock up his ass or the other way around!" snapped Damon and stormed out. Emre followed him.

Zenon did not say anything. 

------------------------------------

OK, So the Misunderstandings will go on for a bit now that they are over the honeymoon phase.