The Sign of Three Part 2

I hung up the phone, took a deep breath, and prepared to ascend the stairs again to 221B. Just as I was about to, Mrs. Hudson appeared by her door.

"Oh Adelaide! Hello dearie, would you mind helping me with the tea? I was just about to bring it up to Sherlock." Mrs. Hudson asked.

"Of course, I would be honored." I smiled and helped her.

Lestrade must I slipped out while I was helping Mrs. Hudson. All I heard from upstairs was the violin. I didn't recognize the song, Sherlock must have been composing.

I followed Mrs. Hudson up the stairs, she carried a fresh plate of biscuits and I carried the tea tray.

The music got louder and louder as we approached it. I had to admit, even though I was currently thoroughly pissed off at Sherlock, the song really was beautiful.

When Mrs.Hudson pushed open the door, we both were met with a waltzing Sherlock making his way around the living room.

"Shut up, Mrs. Hudson." Sherlock spoke, as he turned his head around slightly to see her smirk at the sight.

"I haven't said a word." She argued.

"You're formulating a question and it's physically painful watching you think." Sherlock sighed, stopping his motion suddenly and pulling a small remote from the pocket of his dressing gown.

"I thought it was you playing." Mrs. Hudson spoke, as he shut the music off.

"It was me playing. I am composing." He spoke, hunched over the desk scribbling onto his sheet music.

"You were dancing." I corrected with a smirk. He turned around like he hadn't seen me standing in the doorway.

"I thought you'd gone." He spoke, straightening his posture.

"Someone had to bring you your tea." I shrugged.

"You're not usually awake when I bring it." Mrs. Hudson said, pouring the tea I had placed on the side table.

"You bring me tea in the morning?" Sherlock asked, taking a seat in his chair.

"Where do you think it came from?" Mrs. Hudson giggled as she spoke.

"I don't know, I just thought it sort of... happened." Sherlock spoke, causing a smile to appear on my face, paired with an eye roll.

"Your mother has a lot to answer for." Mrs. Hudson muttered while handing Sherlock and I each a cup.

"I know, I have a list." Sherlock replied, accepting the cup from the woman.

"Mycroft and I have a file." I smirked, gaining an eyebrow raise from Sherlock.

"So.... it's the big day then." Mrs. Hudson nearly squealed with excitement, now taking a seat in John's chair.

"What big day?" Sherlock asked. I had turned the chair from his desk around to sit in, now sipping my tea.

"The wedding! John and Mary are getting married." Mrs. Hudson spoke with exasperation, Sherlock had to have known that the wedding was today.

"Two people who currently live together are about to attend church, have a party, go on a short holiday, then carry on living together. What's big about that?" Sherlock scoffed.

"It changes people, marriage." Mrs. Hudson began.

"Mmm, no, it doesn't." Sherlock argued.

"Sherlock.. You of all people should understand now." Mrs. Hudson spoke, and the room was silent for a moment. I looked up from sipping my tea to find both of them with their eyes on me. I nearly choked on my tea.